Fishing Guide "Rant" (BS On The Water)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
    Just have your truck wrapped with "ICE" logos and wear your "ICE" plate carrier. You'll have the lake to yourself
    You sir, I like your style...

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Amen. You know white people can't wade and throw case nets

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Well yea, because we're at work making that boat payment...

Comment

I have an idea for those that are caught illegally draining the lake. If you get busted and are on any type of food stamps you lose them immediately. You obvious have enough food to eat now right?

Comment

Originally posted by southtx View Post
        What is the guy on the video crying about??? He should come spend a day on falcon!!! Then he’ll really know how good he has it at his home lake!!!
        Those falcon gill netting guys are annoying
        Falcon has other problems besides just gill nets and cast nets
        You need a bulletproof life jacket to fish falcon
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-09-2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
          Do you mean like a yearly fee? Currently, you have to pay to go into either of the parks. I want to say it's $5 a person (for adults).
          Something substantially more than $5.. I would hate to see this to because I have and do fish that lake but if that is what it takes to save it then by all means I say do it..
          It's a dam shame we can't have anything nice any more because of crap like this.... It's happening all over the state. Our state parks are getting hammerd too.. Anywhere and anything that is cheap or free is being over run and destroyed.
          It is Sickening for someone who grew up in this state, and knows what it used to be like, to witness this happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            What color are "trailer park trash" ? There is a trailer park a few miles away from me and it has all nationalities in it. Well, maybe not ragheads.

Anyway, most Hispanics that are keeping illegal fish clean them at home and not the boat ramp.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
            All colors and classes. Just some stupider than others

Comment

Isn't fayette an LCRA lake? You would think having their own rangers they would be able to patrol it better. I guess they're too busy on the highland lakes to worry about down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                I love these kind of post. But I'm not racist I have a black friend [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                Im hispanic and im new to fishing lakes but i was there and these dudes didnt care where anyone was fishing i think calling them hispanic was being nice.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Comment

That would work but then the lake would get overran with the tilapia. Either way the lake is done for. The only thing that saved Fairfield is they shut down the power plant and the water cooled off, killing all the Tilapia. We went out there camping for Spring break and had some nice fishing. No cast netters.

I don't know if anyone here ever fish the summer schooling on Fayette back in the mid 90's but it was unreal. Schools the size of football field. 100 fish a day was the norm, 20lb+ sacks every day.
                  I've caught bass in mid air; they would jump out of the water and catch your bait before it would even land. Most people don't believe me because it sounds so unreal.

I remember! My neighbor and I were the second public boat on the lake back in 79’. We fished 2-3 times a week. I’d get home from school, and load his john boat up, and sit and wait till he got home from work. The fishing was awesome! And yes those schooling bass was a sight to see and fish!

Comment

Disturbing info folks. Trash is my beech. Unreal. Carry it out please. The few cheaters on fish involve many groups. Texas is trashy. I am native anglo Texan and ashamed of my beaches inland litter in Corpus Christi area. Granger banks after spring season is sick. Go look. And undersized fish on stringers. Many. The GW would hang me if I broke the law. but the GW's are limited and do not doubt some of the reports here. I do not fish the areas this thread mainly spoke of so no input. Be nice. I am anglo but have the best of the best folks in my family who are not anglo with a rich variety of backgrounds and heritages and follow the laws and clean up. And a few that may not give a crud but not many if any. They would not let me know as I would set them straight and they know it. Teach. It works. Speak. Be nice but firm. Take nothing but what is right and call a wrong a wrong. Sorry. This rant is mine for a moment. All respect and understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      If he is this upset about 1 lake(which he should be)he would stroke out in 5 minutes down here on the Texas coast.. This areas resources are being raped by these same types on a daily basis.. It is worse than bad..
                      99% of the best bank fishing spots, that I grew up fishing, are now behind lock and key because of BS just like this... Closed to ALL..
                      Ive waded around San Luis Pass all my life and now you can’t hardly find a spot that isn’t covered by guys with cast nets and buckets filling them up with everything they can catch.Then all the trash they leave behind is disgusting!I never see the wardens down there but they’ll definitely be around the boat ramps when you go back across the bay.

Comment

Part II - Posted Yesterday

Comment

I don't see how the Asian fish markets get away with what they do. A few years ago when the white bass were thick at the loc and dam there were hundreds if Asians lined up. Some fishing and some throwing cast nets. Big groups Hauling out thousands.

I took a load of gar to seabrook the next day and there was a 20 ft case piled full of gutted white bass for sale. Sign said farm raised striped bass. No doubt in my mind they came straight out of the trinity river

Comment

That would work but then the lake would get overran with the tilapia. Either way the lake is done for. The only thing that saved Fairfield is they shut down the power plant and the water cooled off, killing all the Tilapia. We went out there camping for Spring break and had some nice fishing. No cast netters.

I don't know if anyone here ever fish the summer schooling on Fayette back in the mid 90's but it was unreal. Schools the size of football field. 100 fish a day was the norm, 20lb+ sacks every day.
                            I've caught bass in mid air; they would jump out of the water and catch your bait before it would even land. Most people don't believe me because it sounds so unreal.
                            I fished the lake back in those days and before. I remember there being tilapia being in the lake back then as well, so I am confused about the statement of them taking over the lake. There has always been tilapia in the lake.

Comment

Man. I just would like to go on record saying I am a beaner who kayaks and bank fishes everywhere, and have never broken the Texas state game laws out of respect. Even the ones I think our stupid. Ever. O and I suck at throwing a cast net, I usually give all my money to the bait shop or throw plastics.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                                I know of a Galveston county ramp where GWs will just sit there some weekends and inspect just about every boat coming out of the water. They don't cut much slack either and write citations for even minor things. Sounds reasonable to some, but you won't find these wardens walking the jetties, rock groins or any other popular bank fishing spots; where numerous citations could be written every weekend. Just makes you wonder.
                                This is VERY true. Makes you wonder some days.

I know of a problem place that has had many aggregate robberies, and there ended up being a murder, yet, never seen or ever see LEO out there today. We no longer fish there because of the crime.

For the record, it was the Vietnamese that would load their coolers with every speckled trout they would catch, undersized, didn’t matter. Daily limits didn’t matter either. I also think they were target in the robberies due to the fact they wouldn’t reach out to law enforcement.
                                Last edited by Greenheadless; 05-10-2020, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X