Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crimson Accuracy rifles are . . .

ACCURATE!!!

Matt/Trophy8 was headed up to Cresson to have Johnny do a build right after I finally tracked down a 22” Proof barrel in .375 and suggested I had Johnny do the work. I met Matt and he took all of my components to Johnny. Legendary Arms Works action with Timney, stock by D’Arcy Echols (D’Arcy added cross bolts before shipping to me) and the Proof mentioned above.

Johnny’s work is impeccable. Inletting for barrel and bedding is perfect. I picked it up a couple weeks ago and just got a moment to shoot it. I have always wanted a lightweight .375 H&H and the balance on this is awesome. Weight of bare gun is 7 lbs. 2 oz. 14 1/2” LOP fits perfectly and the most important thing is she shoots!

I didn’t bring the target home to measure precisely, but figure with the .375 bullets it is shooting pretty dang close to 1/2 MOA with factory loaded A-frames.

Johnny nailed this and I will use him on a more traditional build in the future.
    Attached Files

Oooops. Dumped a couple attachments.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Whats the recoil like on that beast?

Got a buddy I am trying to talk into a .375 HH for his Alaska escapades and something similar to this would fit the bill nicely for him I think.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post

Got a buddy I am trying to talk into a .375 HH for his Alaska escapades and something similar to this would fit the bill nicely for him I think.
          Not like any other .375 H&H I have. . It has a little bit of an attitude from the bench. Johhny asked me a couple times if I was certain I didn't want a brake on it. Haaa. I knew what I was getting into. There are a lot of 9 to 11 pound very nice H&Hs out there--just wanted this one to be different and it certainly is!

Comment

Don’t ever ask this dude about recoil. He is different haha

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Haaaa. I am not a masochist, but I like to shoot big animals that require big holes in them. Well, I like shooting all sizes of hogs as well! That being stated, I think I told you I have sworn of the .460 Weatherby. Mine (from my dad) just has a poor disposition. :-). I’ll stick with the Lott and on rare occasion the .505.

Comment

Johnny is the Man - His bedding jobs are some of the best I've ever seen.

I even requested a very cool chamber gauge / cartridge OAL tool and he nailed it !

I'll take pics over the weekend of the rifle he chambered for me and upload them

Comment

Forgot to add. Yeah Johnny is alright I guess

Seriously. He’s building another right now. My switch lug hammers everything I put through it 1/2” or better. Imagine if a good shooter got ahold of it!
                  My prc is off getting load work done and will report back on that. See previous comment about a better shooter

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                    Not like any other .375 H&H I have. . It has a little bit of an attitude from the bench. Johhny asked me a couple times if I was certain I didn't want a brake on it. Haaa. I knew what I was getting into. There are a lot of 9 to 11 pound very nice H&Hs out there--just wanted this one to be different and it certainly is!
                    I figured that had to be a handful to shoot. Nothing about that experience sounds pleasant at all. But sounds like it would be a great packable gun to kill big critters. But I don't think I could justify shooting it much other than for site in at that bench.

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    This explains a lot, only thing I could think about looking at it is the welt on my shoulder after pulling that trigger.

Comment

I figured that had to be a handful to shoot. Nothing about that experience sounds pleasant at all. But sounds like it would be a great packable gun to kill big critters. But I don't think I could justify shooting it much other than for site in at that bench.

This explains a lot, only thing I could think about looking at it is the welt on my shoulder after pulling that trigger.
                      Seriously not unpleasant at all. It is on the fine line between pleasant and not quite pleasant. Ha. I shot it 12 times getting it dialed in. The only problem with shooting at the indoor range is that the stool/bench combo is waaaay too low for me and gets me at an odd angle. Should be a pussycat standing or on the sticks.

Comment

Man that gun is slick!

Comment

Originally posted by DKW II View Post
                          Man that gun is slick!
                          Thanks. Johnny did a great job on it. I have been thinking about having one built for a while but it took over a year to find the barrel. Crazy times! Will take it out on hog duty soon.

Comment

How do their prices compare to, say, APR?

Comment

Johnny is as good as it gets. He’s built me some sweet shooting rifles.

Comment

Working...
                              X