Back surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back surgery

I’ve done it again! I managed to herniate the same l3 l4 disc again. I was just getting up outta a chair and boom, like someone hit my lower back with a bat. Couldn’t stand up straight and severe pain in the left leg. In stead of staying around denison like I have the first two time we went to Plano medical. Where they watched my for a couple days before they operated to do a revision on that disc. I’m so grateful for the doc not sending me home to be in pain, I dont have time for this ****.
    Today I’m 6 days after the surgery and the pain is still in the nerve of my left leg. I can’t sit on the pot, I have to walk with a walker it’s bad. I can stand up straight though. I need prayers guys! I’m not one to ask prayers but I need all I can get! I just want to walk again without this walker! I’m the type of guy I dont stay still long because I’ve got a project going somewhere that needs my attention. When I heal up, and I hope it’s soon, I’m going to have to rethink how I live my life and choose to work the way I do.
    Thank you guys!

Wishing you the very best. Back pain sucks for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will send some up for you tonight.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Back issues are no fun at all.

Comment

Prayers sent. I have a 3 level fusion Nov 3. I feel great- rehab every day- and this time will listen. I will change from here on. This was my 3rd time under the knife on lower back. Good luck.

Comment

Prayers sent. Get well soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang. I had 3 back surgeries in 2019... and I feel your pain. Wear your braces. Contract your core. And listen to your Doc.

GO SLOWWWWW. Don’t make 1 back surgery become 3 like I did.

Best wishes.

Comment

Prayers for you!

Comment

Well it’s been 5 weeks since surgery. The first two weeks I was having to use a walker to get around the house. After that I was up and moving slowly. Easter Sunday I was out searching for sheds with my son. But I believe that’s was too much ever since then I’ve been dealing with swelling and bad nerve pain. I went back to the dr for a check up, hoping I didn’t screw up. They took a fluid sample off my back and sent to the lab. This last Friday they confirmed I have a spinal fluid leak. I’m not sure just how serious that is but the dr has me on bed rest. This just plain sucks. I just assume him put me down and fix it.

Comment

Praying for you. Hang tuff.

Comment

I have had a L5/S1 discectomy and revision. First one, I was 23 and second, 40. The revision has slowed me down. I loved like I was 25 until I was 40. I’m
                      47 now and live like I am 50. It was a hard adjustment. I still do nearly everything I used to, except lift heavy. Everything takes more time now and that is okay. Go slow, let yourself heal and know this is a long process. This takes time.

Comment

Prayers sent for a smooth recovery. Take it easy until you are healed up and don't cause any set backs.

Comment

It's only been 6 days. Patience will help a lot.

When I herniated my disc L5-S1, physical therapy was my ticket to a decent life. Then the hernia calcified and I had a rock the size of a moth ball rubbing on my nerve. Emergency surgery and I was bed ridden for 2 weeks then allowed only enough mobility to go to the bathroom and to eat.

After 4 weeks I started PT again. The nerve pain lasted for some time but I was grateful to hear from the doc - he was able to scrape the calcification off the nerve and he was confident that I would be fine.

My point is - be patient, let your body heal. You always should make time to heal. That's why God gave us the Sabbath - to rest one day a week.

May God reset your rest, heal your back, and show you He can do all things. May He relieve your pain.

Comment

Man that sounds horrible. Prayers for quick healing!

Comment

Working...
                            X