Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
    A table spoon of MCT oil in a shot of water is a quick way to get 14g of fat in. I usually have a couple shots a day.
    I may look into this. Tough to get the fats in...........someone said it taste like stagnant pond water however.
    Originally posted by BrianL View Post
    Very easy sweettootb fix.

8 oz cream cheese at room temperature

One whole stick butter at room temperature

One cup heavy cream

2 teaspoon vanilla

3 tablespoons Swerve sweetener

Blended with mixer till smooth.

Put in pan and top with blueberries and raspberries I also like toasted coconut and zest a little dark chocolate on top

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Man, i gotta get my wife on this dessert asap. Looks like my kinda sweettooth fix..........if i dont eat the whole thing in one sitting!!!!
    Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
    How's everybody doing?
    I am down solidly 16 pounds to 218! I was stuck on 222 for nearly 3 weeks but never gave up hope as I was feeling GREAT!!!!!! Energy has been really good on the majority of days. 199 is the goal but i think I will blow past that as I am enjoying the grind. I am doing 10 miles per day on my bike and adding 2.5 miles of walking to that. If I dont ride the bike i am walking 5 miles minimum. The treading water experiment is still up in the air........it is tough, so I will guess it will be helpful.
    Originally posted by DZM View Post
    I went from 232 to 170 on keto a few years ago. I weigh 175 right now and have for a while. I know it sounds cliché but it is a lifestyle change. You cant go back to eating tons of bread, pasta, regular ice cream, and all the stuff you ate before. You have to remember that carbs and sugar are the devil! That being said I do not feel like I am depriving myself one bit. In fact I would say that everything is so much tastier now than it was before. Using real butter to cook and not worrying about fats is awesome. I had keto pancakes this week, pizza, spaghetti, and asian stir fry-Halo Top Keto Ice Cream Carmel butter pecan- all awesome. You can make anything keto- recipes all over pintrest. At this point I do not count carbs or fat or anything. I just try to eat low carb and no sugar on a daily basis. Now I do break this at least from time to time for fries and chicken sandwich from Chic-fila. I would probably say 95% of what I eat is keto though. I am 43 and feel great with tons of energy- waaaaay more than I had in my late 30s.
    Down right awesomeness sir!!!
    Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    I had a stumble today.... I ate fajitas with a couple of flour tortillas I also had a bow of ranchero beans.

i will be back at my regular Keto meals/eats tomorrow. Hope this stumble doesn't kick me off Keto.
    I have fallen once. I had a 16 ounce orange juice this morning as it came with the eggs and sausage platter i was eating. It wont happen again anytime soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
      Are you swimming laps in the fountain you installed?
      [emoji38]...[emoji1787]....nah, that's only for skinny dipping!!! I got a concrete pond out back.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lost almost 20 so far but stumbled the last 2 days. Had a funeral and ate out. Today it was ok but had a crown and coke. Back on the fat and no carbs tomorrow. Only 5 more to go in phase one. Then it is trying to maintain that weight. Loss has slowed dramatically but it is still coming down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Benefitting from the wife’s cold weather boredom. She spun up a cream cheese and almond flour crust for my lunch. I did good to only eat half and save this for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok guys, the wife stumbled upon a great comfort food Keto soup that we just made. Perfect weather for it too!

It’s a variation of Olive Garden’s Tuscana Soup with cauliflower vs potatoes. We also made some other adjustments.

Ingredients
            1 pound ground Italian sausage (we actually used a Turkey sausage)
            1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (more to taste)
            1 medium onion, diced
            1 tablespoon minced garlic (more to taste)
            8 cups chicken broth (we used 5 cans Swanson chicken broth)
            4-5 cups cauliflower florets
            1 pkg cream cheese
            2 cups Whipping Cream (could use Heavy cream too I suppose)
            5 cups spinach, coarsley chopped (we used a spinach & kale mix)

Instructions
            Cook the sausage and red pepper flakes over medium-high heat until crumbly, browned, and no longer pink. Drain, remove from pan, and set aside. The purpose of removing the sausage is so that you aren't boiling it in broth.
            Add the onions and garlic to the pot and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
            Add the chicken broth to the onion mixture and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the package of cream and melt into boil. Add the cauliflower, and boil until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the whipping cream and the cooked sausage; heat thoroughly. Add salt, garlic powder and pepper to taste. Mix the spinach into the soup a couple of minutes before serving.

It’s good stuff fellas.

Comment

Your making me hungry...im gonna have to try this.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Ok guys, the wife stumbled upon a great comfort food Keto soup that we just made. Perfect weather for it too!

It’s a variation of Olive Garden’s Tuscana Soup with cauliflower vs potatoes. We also made some other adjustments.

Ingredients

1 pound ground Italian sausage (we actually used a Turkey sausage)

1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (more to taste)

1 medium onion, diced

1 tablespoon minced garlic (more to taste)

8 cups chicken broth (we used 5 cans Swanson chicken broth)

4-5 cups cauliflower florets

1 pkg cream cheese

2 cups Whipping Cream (could use Heavy cream too I suppose)

5 cups spinach, coarsley chopped (we used a spinach & kale mix)

Instructions

Cook the sausage and red pepper flakes over medium-high heat until crumbly, browned, and no longer pink. Drain, remove from pan, and set aside. The purpose of removing the sausage is so that you aren't boiling it in broth.

Add the onions and garlic to the pot and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.

Add the chicken broth to the onion mixture and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the package of cream and melt into boil. Add the cauliflower, and boil until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the whipping cream and the cooked sausage; heat thoroughly. Add salt, garlic powder and pepper to taste. Mix the spinach into the soup a couple of minutes before serving.

It’s good stuff fellas.
                Oh yes....gotta deaux this one!!![emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962]

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  Very easy sweettootb fix.

8 oz cream cheese at room temperature

One whole stick butter at room temperature

One cup heavy cream

2 teaspoon vanilla

3 tablespoons Swerve sweetener

Blended with mixer till smooth.

Put in pan and top with blueberries and raspberries I also like toasted coconut and zest a little dark chocolate on top

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                  This is pure GREATNESS guys. We skipped the coconut [emoji3048]but otherwise this will be on the list FOREVER!!!! My wife hooked it up:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1899.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	24644801

Comment

I just hit 215 and stoked. [emoji2483] 199 is just a matter of [emoji3497]. Sure I will geaux for 189!!![emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

Comment

Dragged butt all day today for some reason. Got my 5.1 miles in but had sub levels of energy and came home and slept for about 3 hours after eating cheesy eggs, bacon and raspberry/blueberry/strawberries raw. Might have just been wore down but it is bothering me as my energy is usually good or GREAT.

Comment

Much better energy today.[emoji108] Walked 6.2 miles with a average pace of 3 7 mph. Did 7 sets of 15 reps military press and never slowed down all day. Yesterday could not keep my eyes open!!!

Comment

Started January 24th. Down 8lbs and feel good so far. Energy has been good for the most part. I'm definitely not "counting" like I should be but if anything, not eating enough carbs. Good ole cool beer has been a struggle though. Drinking bourbon on the rocks quite regularly! Keep the recipes coming because I'm definitely in a rut of the same ole same ole. But bacon, eggs, cheese, avocado, steak, roast, chicken and deer aren't a bad thing either....

Comment

Love me some Salata!!![emoji1649][emoji884][emoji534][emoji3049]🫑[emoji1641]
                            Walked 7.8 miles this morning. Turned around and did 10.5 miles on my bike. I don't want to plateau again, that's rough on the ole psyche!!![emoji3061]

Comment

Just a thought [emoji848]

Comment

You boys still hanging in there? I’m down 10 lbs since Feb 1. Slow but steady.

Comment

Working...
                                X