Problems with The Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    HeLLLL no Pat...a BUNCH of folks have had the same thing happen. Do a search...there are several threads on here about this. Heck...here is just the latest one.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=792714
    Do yall know which ones to stay away from?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Nah brother....I just know which ones I stay away from 👍😂

Comment

There was a thread on here that told us what serial # to look for, but I couldn’t find it. In my experience The Timer has been rock solid. The only issue I’ve ever heard of is the batch that causes trouble like the OP is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          Nah brother....I just know which ones I stay away from 👍😂

Why you always hating on The Timer? The manufacturer said their was a bad batch, and I know they have replaced them with new ones when requested. I’ve seen no other issues with them. Have you?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Why you always hating on The Timer? The manufacturer said their was a bad batch, and I know they have replaced them with new ones when requested. I’ve seen no other issues with them. Have you?
            That's all we have AC on our lease. Probably close to 100 feeders it's only happened on 4 of them over the last 2 years. But 1 time is to much they replace them no problem but not the corn. It's not the bad batch where they quit.

Comment

There was a thread on here that told us what serial # to look for, but I couldn’t find it. In my experience The Timer has been rock solid. The only issue I’ve ever heard of is the batch that causes trouble like the OP is talking about.

Same here. I have 2 of them that are at least 15 years old still working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's all we have AC on our lease. Probably close to 100 feeders it's only happened on 4 of them over the last 2 years. But 1 time is to much they replace them no problem but not the corn. It's not the bad batch where they quit.

Yep. Once is one too many when you lose corn. I just haven’t heard of issues since they corrected the bad units. I use them as well and have for 5 years. I guess any brand can’t break down. Even the best of them won’t last forever.

Comment

I had 2 bad ones. Apparently the ones with serial numbers starting with TC 91 are bad. I called ASF and they are sending me a new one. Already got one. Good customer service. Thx.

Comment

Nope...but I ain't in no love affair with any brand. Kinda like the WGI bashers. They've been good to me too for the most part. Some on here bash them all day long. Guess they had a bad batch [emoji23][emoji2369]

Comment

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post
                      Nope...but I'm in a love affair with Foreverlast.

fify!!...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        fify!!...

Bahahaha...says the master analyst! [emoji12]

Comment

Oh well I'll keep using them until a better one comes along

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                            I had 2 bad ones. Apparently the ones with serial numbers starting with TC 91 are bad. I called ASF and they are sending me a new one. Already got one. Good customer service. Thx.

This ^^^^^ is the beginning of the serial # I was talking about. If you have one starting with TC91 they will probably replace it for you. Thanks for posting the serial number. I was trying to find it earlier

Comment

Well the corn dump happened to me. I had a timer go out, so I went to town and bought a new one from a feed store several months ago. It worked until last week at some point and dumped the entire feeder, which thank goodness only had about 500 lbs in it. I have a replacement for the other timer they sent me on warranty. I just scattered the corn out the best I could being frustrated and in a time crunch. I'll look at the SN# of the one from the feed store my next trip out, but I'm losing faith. I'll check all things out to make sure its not a motor issue before I put the next replacement timer in.

Comment

Originally posted by HYDRO_69 View Post
                                Well the corn dump happened to me. I had a timer go out, so I went to town and bought a new one from a feed store several months ago. It worked until last week at some point and dumped the entire feeder, which thank goodness only had about 500 lbs in it. I have a replacement for the other timer they sent me on warranty. I just scattered the corn out the best I could being frustrated and in a time crunch. I'll look at the SN# of the one from the feed store my next trip out, but I'm losing faith. I'll check all things out to make sure its not a motor issue before I put the next replacement timer in.
                                That sucks, I need to see what serial number mine is. I will post it.

Comment

Working...
                                X