Is there anything worth a **** between Leakey and Freer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anything worth a **** between Leakey and Freer

Alright next question. I’ll wake up in Brady on Day 2 and go to Colorado Bend. Then down through Fredericksburg and Medina to ride the Twin Sisters and putt around Vanderpool and Leakey. I expect that will fill my morning. I plan to head south towards Carrizo Springs then to hole up for the night in Freer or somewhere nearby. Other than Garner, is there anything worth checking out on my way south?

Evett's Bar-B-Que in Uvalde. I go there a couple times per month and always get lunch at Evettes. Brisket and sausage plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      Evett's Bar-B-Que in Uvalde. I go there a couple times per month and always get lunch at Evettes. Brisket and sausage plate.
      Exactly the kind of suggestion I needed! Thank you ma’am!

Comment

Liberty Burger in Freer.
        Pictures at Muy Grande.

Max’s or Wheelers in Tilden.

It’s been a year since I was last down in there though.

Comment

Leakey to freer is a long stretch

With the illegals staying in town, along with all the DPS officers, it can be hard to find a room in either Carrizo Springs or Cotulla and some of the available rooms are $250+ a night. You wont have a problem finding a place to stay in freer. I'm in those towns every week, actually making that exact drive today

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
            Leakey to freer is a long stretch

With the illegals staying in town, along with all the DPS officers, it can be hard to find a room in either Carrizo Springs or Cotulla and some of the available rooms are $250+ a night. You wont have a problem finding a place to stay in freer. I'm in those towns every week, actually making that exact drive today
            I appreciate the tips. I am leaving that stretch of the trip wide open, because I may have to wuss out and cut it short just due to fatigue. I’ll be doing 400+ miles the first day and have 500 scheduled the second day. Will probably get a reality check after lunch on Saturday but if I am still feeling like a road warrior I will take a shot at Freer.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              I appreciate the tips. I am leaving that stretch of the trip wide open, because I may have to wuss out and cut it short just due to fatigue. I’ll be doing 400+ miles the first day and have 500 scheduled the second day. Will probably get a reality check after lunch on Saturday but if I am still feeling like a road warrior I will take a shot at Freer.
              Lotsa miles to cover - we used to do that! Hopefully the weather will be a bit cooler for you! Be safe!

Comment

Working...
              X