9/11 Where were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9/11 Where were you?

I remember as if it were yesterday, it was my sophomore year at UofH. Text messages started coming in about a terrorist attack. I couldn't believe it, thought it was some sort of horrible prank.....Then, class was dismissed and the reality set in.....

Its been a long road for all of the families and victims involved who were affected and lost loved ones in the tragic event.

Our country has been through a lot since then and the road ahead still looks to pose continued challenges.

Continue to pray for our country, our troops and our people. Prayers up in memory of all of the American lives lost on the Sept. 11, 2011 attack and the war that followed. God Bless America.

It's been 12 long years. Where were you?

In a 4th grade classroom. I remember our teacher acting strangely and crying occasionally throughout the day. (They didn't tell us what had happened). I heard the news when Mom picked me up.

It's certainly a somber anniversary in our nation's history. Prayers are up for the families who lost loved ones.

Comment

Freshman in high school headed to 1st period. Started hearing about it in the halls. It's all we watched on TV the whole day.

Comment

I was a junior at Texas Tech. Heard about it after my meats class.

Funny thing is it still messes with me to think about it. One day I ope to visit the memorial at ground zero.

I can't sleep tonight because its weighing heavy on my mind...

Comment

8th grade english class. principal came in and asked teacher if she wanted to see history in the making.

Comment

limestone power plant in jewett, tx.

Comment

Sitting in Mrs Mckee's class 3rd grade I can still tell you exactly which room we were in. I remember them bringing in a TV and we didn't know what was going on. We didn't do anything the rest of the day and then I remember getting talked to about it the next day. Never really sunk in what really happened until I was a little bit older.

Comment

Senior year in HS, Aquatic Science class. Listened to it on a cheapo radio the teacher had. Rest of the day was a blur.

Comment

Getting ready for a calculus exam at U of H.

Comment

Skipping first period. Eating breakfast at home. Only time my mother hugged me for skipping a journalism class.

Comment

Just finished up a 12hr nightshift and was watching it live on TV. Still can't believe it.

Comment

Shell Refinery Deer Park TX. Running a a vacuum truck till all non-essential personnel were told to leave. It took me 2 hours to get out of the plant. It was a little unnerving to say the least to have all them big rigs lined up waiting to get out thinking that refinery was gonna get hit any second.

Comment

At work just like I am now.

Comment

Sitting in english 4...remember it like it was yesterday!

Comment

Was in 2nd grade at north hamption elem in mrs James class my mom came and picked me up and I watched the 2nd plane hit. I didn't know what was going on except that it was bad and that someone was going to get a butt whooping for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X