What is this surface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this surface?

Guys this is what’s left of a driveway at this property I just bought. It looks to me like really old crappy asphalt that needs to be scraped and redone but I’m not sure.

What do y’all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gravel?

Comment

Chip & seal?

Comment

Chip seal with not too good a base with dirt washed blown over the top. Stick a shovel in the middle of the road and see if it’s hard or goes in easy. How are the ditches and edges?

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
          Chip seal with not too good a base with dirt washed blown over the top. Stick a shovel in the middle of the road and see if it’s hard or goes in easy. How are the ditches and edges?
          Looks like chip seal to me.

Comment

Had never heard of chip & seal but that’s what it is upon some research. From what I read it’s only good for about 10-15 years and then starts falling apart. This is a lot older than that so I imagine it’s time to redo it. Anyone know any good asphalt/chip seal guys in the Schulenberg/flatonia area?

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
              Had never heard of chip & seal but that’s what it is upon some research. From what I read it’s only good for about 10-15 years and then starts falling apart. This is a lot older than that so I imagine it’s time to redo it. Anyone know any good asphalt/chip seal guys in the Schulenberg/flatonia area?

Thanks guys!
              Can't help you find someone but they may be able to go over the top of this and roll in good.

It's a cheaper alternative to asphalt and lasts longer than caliche.

Comment

Working...
              X