No announcement yet.

Loss of a loved one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm praying for you, brother. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been close to losing my dad a couple times, but we still have him. I know it'll be a big loss one day when he's gone. I don't have the answers. Just count your blessings and enjoy the memories. Know that he still lives on in you as well. And then look forward to seeing him again in Heaven. That's gonna be AWESOME!

Comment

I don’t have any recommendations, but sorry for your loss, and prayers up for you and yours!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Talk to someone, grieving counselor, good friend, etc. I lost my dad in January and I’m still not over it. I’ve actually had some health issues from it. Think of the good times you had with him.

Comment

My condolences. If you're interested try reading C.S. Lewis' A Grief Observed.

Comment

Prayers up for you. My dad died in 1989 and it still hurts. He was my best friend and hunting and fishing partner. I guess it gets somewhat better, but for me still rough. I cope with it by remembering the good times together.

Comment

Prayers for you, I lost my dad in February 2020. My mom just turned 93 and I stay with her at the house my dad was born in 1926. It’s tough because one day I know my mom will be gone. That’s what I have the hardest time with, thinking about it. Last number of years, I have taken care of them and I don’t want it to end but I know it will, but I ain’t ready, cause I’m an only child and I’ve had her for 65 years.

Comment

Just bottle it up real tight and never speak of it.......OR talk about it openly and maybe you can find some closure.

"What punishments from God are not gifts?" https://youtu.be/Kf6Z_m6Hh0A

Will pray for peace and understanding.

Comment

You won't get over it buddy. Not if you loved him. You'll accept it, like I've had to accept death. You'll move on and live life the best you can. As long as you don't ever forget him he won't truly be gone forever. It wouldn't matter if he lived a thousand lifetimes with you,you'd still ask for more time with him on this earth. Because you're human. It's selfish in a way but that's just how it is. It was his time and you ain't got a choice but to move forward until it's your turn. With time it will become easier to accept. But you won't ever get over it. Never.

Grieve and get those emotions out. That's natural. That's part of the healing process. But don't let it keep you from moving forward.

Stay busy. Don't sit in your house and dwell on it all the time because you can get depressed doing that.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 09-01-2021, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Lost my mom at 16 after an extended illness.
                    She told me you grieve for three days then move forward. The dead will take care care of the dead, the living need to take care of the living and move ahead with life.
                    I've tried to live that way but there are times it is tough.
                    My nephew's suicide last year really has been something that keeps gnawing at me and I'm having a tough time not getting choked up at times.
                    But my faith is strong, I know that those loved ones who knew The Lord are with Him and I will see them again in glory.

Mostly when I experience a loss of someone close I spend time alone, in the brush or on the water. Listen to worship and praise music, spend time in the Word and prayer.
                    Then I throw myself back into life and keep going.

My condolences on your loss.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Talk about your feelings with people you're closest to. Laugh together and cry together.

I've experienced death more than a few times unfortunately. I watched the best friend I ever had take her last breath after staying with her in hospice care. I can't explain how empty I felt inside afterwards. I didn't talk to nobody about it. I didn't cry in front of people. I kept everything inside. I can't even tell a story about her without cryin. Doing what I did after the death of my grandma is the worst thing I could have done. Because now I can't talk about it. It's too hard so I bury those feelings because that's the only way I know how to deal with it. I can speak from experience, don't do that. That's not normal. It's bad for you.

If you don't grieve you'll bury those feelings. You'll have bad dreams, you'll cry without even knowing why you're crying. It's bad for your soul I think. But that's just my opinion and experience with that sort of thing.
                      Last edited by okrattler; 09-01-2021, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Sorry for your loss brother. If you ever need to talk pm me your number and we can get through it together. Prayers up for your family and for your safe return.

Comment

God bless

Comment

Sorry about your dad. I pray you find some peace and comfort.

Personally I think you just learn to live with it. I have lost some close folks and the world just isn’t the same without them.

Comment

My dad had a stroke at age 80. That was the day he died. He kept moving around for three more years, but the man that he was was gone. That was 11 years ago, and I still miss him everyday. You get to the point that it doesn't hurt as bad, but the sense of loss never goes away.

Comment

So very sorry for your loss. Prayers for Peace and Comfort.

Comment

Working...
                                X