Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What GPS/Chartplotter, besides Garmin, are y’all using on your boats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What GPS/Chartplotter, besides Garmin, are y’all using on your boats?

Having a run of bad luck with Garmin the last year or tow, on my second replacement unit and thinking about switching to a different manufacturer.

What are y’all using? I strictly fish the bays.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged. I haven’t been happy with the Garmin maps at all.

Comment

Pick up a new boat Wednesday and I’m going with lowrance elite fs9

Was highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Humminbird has some of the best mapping, you can color chart to show different colors for different depths.

Comment

Humminbird Solix’s with navionics chips.

Comment

Hummingbird x2

Comment

Hmmmm...I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a boat, and had planned on going with the Garmin 94SV. Maybe I need to do some research

Which unit did you have issues with, JES?

Comment

I’m running a Garmin 74cv. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've personally used Humminbird and Lowrance offerings and seen the Garmins on other boats. Definitely have a huge preference for Lowrance, but I'm still using an HDS9 Gen2 and rarely ever use any of the fishfinder features just maps and GPS. Google overlay is really nice feature and I believe a lot of units have the ability now.

Comment

Humbird here.

Comment

Originally posted by Grady_jones View Post
                      Humminbird Solix’s with navionics chips.

This.

Comment

Love my garmins

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                          Hmmmm...I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a boat, and had planned on going with the Garmin 94SV. Maybe I need to do some research

The 94SV is a solid unit. I'm happy with mine. It really comes down to personal preference. You really don't hear about a whole lot of problems with any of them anymore.

Comment

I’m running a Lowrance unit with the Standard Mapping base map for the coast. I like their aerial backgrounds better than Navionics for a lot of the coastal areas.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post

742xs

My first one needed a software update so I could start using Active Captain. Well, while trying to do an update the unit locked up and was basically no longer functional. Garmin CS basically said I t was toast and they would not do anything with it, but offered a refurbished unit for about half price. Well, the refurbished unit is a POS, have only used it 3 or 4 times and it is randomly freezing and restarting, will not take the latest update, and various other issues.

Talked to Garmin CS today and they told me to do the forced update, which killed my previous unit, I tried to get them take it back and put the money I spent on it towards a brand new one, nope, they won’t do it. So I am hoping this unit takes the forced update, if not I am not spending anymore money with Garmin.

A couple fo friends have the Simrad and like it, so might go that route, it’s comparatively priced to get Garmin.

Garmin is the only GPS I have ever used, the old 72C was a great unit. Fingers crossed this forced update works.

Comment

Working...
                              X