Property Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Taxes

Just received mine in the mail yesterday. WOW. I thought there was a limit on how much your valuation could go up in a year. My home value rose $75k!, and I did not make any improvements. I will have to go in and fight it. Burnet County fellas, it is driving me crazy.

I’m in shock!
    Mine went up $400,000!
    I’m hiring an attorney today!

Comment

Do some research and find a service to fight for you in your area. A good company is well worth it and will get a much bigger reduction than you can get on your own. I don't know who we used but they saved us a little over $2000 on a $9300 tax bill.

Comment

If there are homes in your area selling during this inflated market it will drive your value up regardless of no improvements made to your property. Let’s Go Brandon.

Comment

Need to start fighting the tax rate.

Comment

Mine went up $180,000 in Travis County. It's going to be hard to argue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
              Just received mine in the mail yesterday. WOW. I thought there was a limit on how much your valuation could go up in a year. My home value rose $75k!, and I did not make any improvements. I will have to go in and fight it. Burnet County fellas, it is driving me crazy.
              Appraised value can go up without limits. Taxable value can only go up 10% with homestead exemption, but must be in place for a full calendar year.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Do some research and find a service to fight for you in your area. A good company is well worth it and will get a much bigger reduction than you can get on your own. I don't know who we used but they saved us a little over $2000 on a $9300 tax bill.
                A good company may be, but in my experience it is not going to be your typical $300-400 job, a homeowner can do a far better job than those companies.

To truly fight it requires hours of preparation on the homeowners side and a law company setting up an individual fight for you.

Comment

My place in bastrop county went from $478k last year to $1.37million this year. 68 acres Raw land, no improvements. *** over…

Comment

Just curious what defenses are being used to fight the increases?

To me it is clear as day home values have significantly increased as people are paying way over asking price. It appears to me the appraisals are likely properly supported by the significant increase in home prices over the last couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                      Just curious what defenses are being used to fight the increases?

To me it is clear as day home values have significantly increased as people are paying way over asking price. It appears to me the appraisals are likely properly supported by the significant increase in home prices over the last couple years.
                      This is correct and my appraised value is still less than what I can sell my home for.

Comment

up $140K from last year....and according to multiple realtors still about $200k from what it would bring on the market.....

Cant fight that at all...

Comment

When the property selling within a mile is over 2million for 130 acres its going to get stupid. My kids got quotes on building a barndo about the same as my cousins. First one was 750k and second 1mil. This should be 200-250k max build. Look at what your house is insured for right now and see if that even comes close to covering cost to rebuild. Im in Waller County, dang subdivision coming in snatching up land like hotcakes and paying a lot for it.
                          Best way forward I see is replace property taxes with something else so everyone can pay it.

Comment

My land value doubled also. There is a subdivision of 6 lots 10-12 acres across the county road from me. Listed at $28-30k per acre. One has sold and another couple are pending. No houses on them yet, but I am sure they are going to be high priced and it will drive my value up and my taxes up also.

Comment

Property Taxes

I live in one of the smallest homes in my neighborhood, but when homes around you are selling for 1/2-3/4 million they seem to think my little 2000sqft 3/2 is worth a lot of money.

I am fighting mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X