Gate opener installation Lufkin/Nacogdoches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate opener installation Lufkin/Nacogdoches

Does anyone have a recommendation for someone in the Lufkin/Nacogdoches area to install a gate opener (solar powered on a single 16’ swing open gate. I did receive one bid today of close to $5700.00 in which I thought was high. Maybe not. It is a lift master residential/light commercial it stated. This is with all necessary solar equipment needed. Also with an exit probe.
    Thoughts?

PM inbound

Comment

Not enough info to know if the price is in line.

Comment

For reference I just updated my old Apollo opener that hadn't worked in years. Took the old unit to a dealer and the motherboard worked and I had the old box that housed everything. We bought a good weather proof entrance key pad that you can program multiple codes, the transmitter, the swing arm, three remotes for vehicles and the sensor to open the gate when people are leaving. We spent about $1800.00 on materials. I also had a battery and a solar panel. It is a 16 ft single swing gate and I did all the work. It probably took around 10 hours to complete the work with my wife helping.

Comment

Just so I understand

You supply all needed parts/pieces/materials and got a quote for $5700?

Or installer supplies everything?
          If this, is installer providing fancy gate in bid?

For reference I just bought Ghost controls opener, 5 remotes, solar panel, "corral" gate (heavy tube), 15 80# bags of sacrete and used a 20' stick of 5 1/2" pipe I had less than $1500 in parts.
          $5700 seems high either way to me, UNLESS there is a custom gate involved

Comment

What model Liftmaster?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Just so I understand

For reference I just bought Ghost controls opener, 5 remotes, solar panel, "corral" gate (heavy tube), 15 80# bags of sacrete and used a 20' stick of 5 1/2" pipe I had less than $1500 in parts.
              You did well on your gate & equipment.
              The installer supplies the gate opener, all associated equipment and labor. I will list type below. I just made a random call and they suggested lift master. I haven’t made the decision on the opener yet. Also in the process of having a gate made and 3 rail fence welded up. Not allot of fence at this point.
              Last edited by tps7742; 02-23-2022, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Sure seems high to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Arrow View Post
                  What model Liftmaster?
                  Lift master
                  LM-LA500XL20W-2/22
                  Two remotes, exit probe (not exact name)
                  Key pad with ability for 5 codes.
                  Equipment related to solar power with batteries
                  Shipping & taxes
                  Labor $1080.00
                  The bid said two year warranty.

I looked this up online and all the parts listed above were right at &3000.00 plus shipping , (not sure on tax yet). This was a quick Google search and one of two places I looked.
                  Thanks for all the comments so far.
                  Last edited by tps7742; 02-23-2022, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    Just so I understand

Have the same opener. Ran all the cables and hooked it up myself. Decent opener but my Zombie Lock has been getting hung up far too often. [emoji52]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m too far from you but I’d look at a US automatics patriot 1. They’re a solid opener. They were running $1700-1800 last time I checked without exit probe or key pads. I charge $350 in labor. If you’re installer knows what he’s doing it should take him about 4-5 hours to complete the install if the gate is installed and hung straight.

Comment

Every thing TexEnv said is truth.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                          Lift master
                          LM-LA500XL20W-2/22
                          Two remotes, exit probe (not exact name)
                          Key pad with ability for 5 codes.
                          Equipment related to solar power with batteries
                          Shipping & taxes
                          Labor $1080.00
                          The bid said two year warranty.

I looked this up online and all the parts listed above were right at &3000.00 plus shipping , (not sure on tax yet). This was a quick Google search and one of two places I looked.
                          Thanks for all the comments so far.
                          I need to go up on my prices if that’s what they’re going for. I like that opener a lot as far as technology goes. As others mentioned, the us automatic is another good choice. It’s a strong arm that can be repaired, where the la500 pretty much has to be trashed if there was an oops moment with the gate and vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                            Have the same opener. Ran all the cables and hooked it up myself. Decent opener but my Zombie Lock has been getting hung up far too often. [emoji52]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Another Ghost Controls owner here. Been very happy with the system so far. The only issue I've had is it gets finicky in extremely high winds. My gate is 16' and weights over 250 lbs. When it's real windy the sensitivity setting senses a lot of pressure on the arm and it will stop or reverse direction. Just something we've learned to watch for.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. This bid I posted was definitely way out of line imo. After looking around on the net the brands named in this thread by y’all are much more within line. The pms sent are appreciated, I haven’t made contact with these recommendations yet. Due to our wet cool weather I am letting the concrete cure more and need to have the welder beef things up more due to the weight of the gate for insurance on my end.

Comment

Working...
                              X