No announcement yet.

2022 Gardening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s some we pics of the maters I’m growing. Not my pics, but hoping mine will look like those:

Sart Roloise:

AUNT Ruby’s German Green

Black from Tula

Black beauties

And the official mater of the Green Bay Packers, green zebras. [emoji16]

And of course, I got beefsteak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2022 Gardening Thread

But here’s what they actually look like. Glad I got them in Grow bags. This wind is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
        I’ve been curious how direct sowing tomatoes works. Keep posting progress!

My beans came up today.

Well the direct sowing of the tomatoes seems to be doing well.
        I had no success with my Black Krim germinating in cups but I did get one to come up with direct sowing.

Had some Cherokee Purple come up too. They’ve been my best seeds.

None of my Black Brandywines came up through direct sowing but they did ok starting them in cups.

Potatoes look to be doing good, hopefully they’ll produce well.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

My garden is doing well. Been eating the lettuces for a couple weeks and pulled off the first zuchinis today. Also been using the herbs as well. Last year was pretty much a disaster so this is a nice change.

That is a first class setup. I like the raised beds and the pots.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how my garden turns out. Got celebrity & Roma tomatoes, jalapeños, Serrano, sho****o peppers, cucumber and zucchini.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hilled the taters for a third and final time in the grow bags... don't know if we're makin' any taters, but sure do have beautiful tops! Prettiest potato plants we've ever grown.
              As I reported earlier, we got the in-ground stuff planted finally... well Friday morning the crows hit us bad!!! They pretty much wiped out 8 rows of corn... suckers just went right down the rows pulling up the tiny spouts and eating the corn kernel off the plant... Gonna re-plant tomorrow (Sunday after church)... Ordered 18 more blackberry plants, a dozen more primeArk-Freedoms and 6 PrimeArk-Ponca plants... made wicking tubs out of cattle molasses tubs and filled them with our blended container mix we planted everything else in for our bag garden... will plant the berry plants and set out the containers tomorrow too...

Drip irrigation/fertilizing system is still a work in progress, but coming along... got a lot done today! It was a good day...
              I'll try to remember to take some pics tomorrow and post them.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

My garden is doing well. Been eating the lettuces for a couple weeks and pulled off the first zuchinis today. Also been using the herbs as well. Last year was pretty much a disaster so this is a nice change.

As mentioned already, top notch set up you have there. Very functional and looks good in your setting for sure. Plants are looking good also.

Comment

Finally got our cut flowers planted yesterday. Almost 400 row feet not including sunflowers. Time to let it grow.

Comment

What do y’all use for organic fertilizer and pest control?

I’ve always used chemicals in my garden but I’d like to start getting to be more organic when possible just to eliminate eating chemicals.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                      What do y’all use for organic fertilizer and pest control?

I’ve always used chemicals in my garden but I’d like to start getting to be more organic when possible just to eliminate eating chemicals.

And neem oil for the bugs

Comment

Need some advice from you guys. The past few years my cucumbers started being really fat and short. They would get no length to them. Experienced a similar problem with my jalapeños and bell peppers but not to the extent of the cucumbers. I think I might be over watering them. Thoughts? There are clearly a lot of folks here that are much better at this than me so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                          Need some advice from you guys. The past few years my cucumbers started being really fat and short. They would get no length to them. Experienced a similar problem with my jalapeños and bell peppers but not to the extent of the cucumbers. I think I might be over watering them. Thoughts? There are clearly a lot of folks here that are much better at this than me so any advice is greatly appreciated.
                          Poor pollination maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                            What variety cucumbers? Could you possibly provide a picture? If they are picklers, it may be normal. If slicers, then there is an issue

Comment

My mammoths are already producing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                                My mammoths are already producing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                                You're on the board!

Comment

Working...
                                X