Home Depot lumber pricing insanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Depot lumber pricing insanity

Pretty sure the lumber prices are comparable wherever you shop. Went to buy (1) sheet of 4x8 OSB ($64.07) and (2) 8 ft. treated 2"x4" ($16.36) .... tax title and license $87.28 Honestly, with Spring & Summer right around the corner, and the current US inflation rate, I see prices continuing to rise.

wasn't OSB like $8 a sheet 2-3 years ago ?

Crazy how you can drive around "Anywhere, USA" and new subdivisions are being developed and built everywhere.

Subdivisions are likely financed. I don't think your OSB is. People don't realize that when the mortgage company is footing the upfront costs.

Comment

i feel your pain.... weekend warrior here trying to replace my fence myself and i just have a hard time paying $9-10 for a 2x4x8 treated. then there's the dang cedar pickets.... ready for these prices to normalize down!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        Subdivisions are likely financed. I don't think your OSB is. People don't realize that when the mortgage company is footing the upfront costs.
        yuuup, resorts back to the old FRAM commercial and most of the younger generation is living off credit.

Comment

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
          i feel your pain.... weekend warrior here trying to replace my fence myself and i just have a hard time paying $9-10 for a 2x4x8 treated. then there's the dang cedar pickets.... ready for these prices to normalize down!
          I'm in the same boat brother. 150 feet of 10-year-old fence that was damaged from Hurricanes last year. Needs to be replaced and I'm not looking fwd. to that Summer project

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            Pretty sure the lumber prices are comparable wherever you shop. Went to buy (1) sheet of 4x8 OSB ($64.07) and (2) 8 ft. treated 2"x4" ($16.36) .... tax title and license $87.28 Honestly, with Spring & Summer right around the corner, and the current US inflation rate, I see prices continuing to rise.

wasn't OSB like $8 a sheet 2-3 years ago ?

Crazy how you can drive around "Anywhere, USA" and new subdivisions are being developed and built everywhere.
            Yup. $6.50-8.00 pre-pandemic. It is crazy.

Comment

I've got a house pad just waiting on me to move forward with construction. I can not justify paying this much. We talked to the guy we are planning on buying lumber from, and he expects prices to dip in a couple months. The problem is interest rates are going to jump pretty bad in the near future as well.

Comment

Man tell me.....when I priced treated lumber in January for the project below my price for treated was hovering around $300. We hit another rise and I was holding out for another drop that never came.. When I finally got around to it in March I was around $700ish. (now I added a few things but still that's ridiculous). Thankfully I was able to salvage some 3/4 plywood off the old build because that would have been a $140-170 hickey added to the above.

Comment

Originally posted by deano70 View Post
                  This is the new normal.
                  Welcome to libtard America.

Comment

Build Back Better

Comment

Its crazy how much a crooked 2x4 cost at that place, because you ain't going to find a straight one that's for dam sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
                        Build Back Better
                        Build Back Broke. FIFY.

Comment

Let's Go Branden

Comment

Next week I am sitting down with my builder and getting a final price on a 1836sqft house I am having built. I almost do not want to show up for the meeting, Scared of the numbers I will hear.

Comment

It's ridiculous! I just left there from buying some 1 x 8's! I feel sorry for anybody having to build a house these days. I just do projects and make some stuff.

I'm building a murphy bed for another member in a couple weeks and scared to see what the material is going to cost!

Comment

Working...
                              X