Sitka for Wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitka for Wife?

My wife likes to go hunting with me and loves duck hunting. The problem is she is the type of person that is ALWAYS cold. It can be 75 degrees and she will wear a sweater...... I'd like to get her a Sitka jacket or hoodie for Christmas since they are supposed to be the best. There are a lot of different options and I personally haven't used Sitka, what product would yall recommend?

As a second question what Sitka gloves would you recommend for duck hunting? I typically hunt without gloves to maintain my dexterity, any gloves they offer that are warm and you can still shoot/ load shells easy?

Sorry no help here. I read the tittle and thought you wanted to trade some Sitka gear for my wife and I figured I'd at least hear you out......

Carry on.

Comment

My wife has a sitka 1/4 zip and a drake 1/4 zip. She says the Drake one is warmer. She is always cold as well.

Comment

My wife is the same, always freezing and she is tiny. Sitka is the best fitting and most comfortable of any clothes I have found for her. I don’t know the waterfowl line very well. I think the kelvin active jacket is a super versatile piece. The kelvin lite stuff is great but not as warm as the other puffy coats. Good luck in the search! If you ever go to montana they have a Sitka store in Bozeman. It’s nice to check out the stuff in person. If you aren’t in a huge hurry their will be Sitka booths and other vendors at the SCI and Dsc shows. You can check out the stuff in person there.

Comment

Sitka is very good. Merino wool is very good in damp conditions too. For a cold natured person I'd look into the heated vest, popular and much used by tradesmen in the North.

Comment

I’d start with a hood merino base, I have quite a bit Sitka gear, but never break out the heavy stuff due to the layering system. Super warm and comfy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMane View Post
              Sorry no help here. I read the tittle and thought you wanted to trade some Sitka gear for my wife and I figured I'd at least hear you out......

Carry on.
              ^ For the win!

Comment

Originally posted by andymane View Post
                sorry no help here. I read the tittle and thought you wanted to trade some sitka gear for my wife and i figured i'd at least hear you out......

Carry on.
                lol

Comment

All Sitka everything. Money is money - get her the Hudson and be done
                  Discover premium waterfowl hunting gear at SITKA. Expertly designed goose and duck hunting clothes and accessories for your next hunt.

Comment

I know Good Sports carries it if you need to be able to have her try stuff on

Comment

I got my GF one of the heated vest from Amazon and she love me long time, she's always cold and it's her go to item during cool weather.

Comment

Get her something like this. They are great!

Comment

Sitka is great, but they are geared toward the western hunter. If using them for still hunting and your wife is cold natured, then you'll probably need to get something from them that they say is good for extreme arctic weather.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by surso View Post
                              Sitka is great, but they are geared toward the western hunter. If using them for still hunting and your wife is cold natured, then you'll probably need to get something from them that they say is good for extreme arctic weather.
                              No. They make a whitetail line built for stand hunting. And a waterfowl line. They cover all the bases of a fella can afford it

OP kuiu base layers paired with Sitka cold weather whitetail stuff is near perfection.

Comment

Working...
                              X