Beginning of rut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning of rut?

Got two bucks behind my house this evening, hocks all pi$$3d up and trolling

Comment

Liberty County rut on.

Comment

Had 2 bucks this morning in hardin county looked for luv crusin the pipeline

Comment

Lots of cruising going on. I have seen a young 8 walking back and forth on a tree line near one of my free choice feeders for a week now. Every time a doe walks up to the feeder he walks up to her.

Comment

I'm gonna take all this chatter to mean that it may be the beginning . . Interesting

Comment

Watched a buck run a doe this morning in Bastrop grunting the whole time. He stayed on her till they were out of sight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing loving in Sabine county

Comment

Been hunting my current place since 2009 and the rut has always been the first 10 days of November--and I concentrate on that time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    Been hunting my current place since 2009 and the rut has always been the first 10 days of November--and I concentrate on that time frame.
                    Same for us. 18th season on current property and from Youth weekend through opening weekend is usually when most of the chasing is going on for us.

Comment

Nothing going on in East Texas in Panola county. Our bucks haven’t even shown up yet. Lots of doe on camera but no bucks other than a couple of young spikes. As of a week ago, no scrapes haven’t even been made yet.

Comment

Our house is on a couple of acres next to 200 acres of woods outside of Granbury. I have 2 feeders behind the house and we have a group of does every morning and evening back there. We hadnt seen a single buck in probably 6 months. This morning I had 3 bucks back there and a couple of them were fighting. Not chasing does but the bucks are on the prowl again.

Comment

Yesterday morning I watched 3 different bucks chasing does in Fayette county. Usually we are 2nd week of November. Made for a fun hunt to film and watch!

Comment

Freestone County is getting real close. Saw several younger bucks pushing doe this past weekend around the house. Last week in October is usually prime.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              So does pizzing on camera means the rut is starting. Awesome news.

Lmao my thoughts exactly

I continually remind myself how uneducated adults are nowadays

Comment

I still have 5 weeks before anything gets kicked off. just calculate back from the fawns dropping to figure the rut

Comment

Working...
                                X