No announcement yet.

Richland Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the biologist said the ATV traffic does nothing but hurt the success rate and if they made it foot traffic only from the paved roads more deer would be harvested. If your not physically able sorry thats life, there are western guys that put in miles and miles a day in much tougher terrain than RC.

Comment

…. Who would walk 7 miles to shoot a doe in 85 degree weather?

I hunt public where atv are as common as a Silverado on I-35 and they kill 300% more deer than any public in Texas. Success is about access.

Them folks out west are hunting a different animal all together… that can be scouted… and they can actually go hunt that area.

People that can’t hunt OR are looking for something better are the reason the success rates are so low. lol

Comment

I drew this hunt also ! Ready to go hunting! This was my 5th year putting in for this hunt . I drew Gus Engeling also for the next week!

Comment

Anyone have a rough sketch of the compartments for the trinity unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Anyone have a rough sketch of the compartments for the trinity unit?
            I think this is still current.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the map!

Post#7 said 4 units, I was wondering how they “lumped them”. ?

But that’s the first I’ve seen of a compartment map of trinity unit. Thanks again

Comment

Everything north of the paved road was the walkin only area Unit 1. Right of pipeline road to the river was unit 4. There was a thin sliver on the left side(compartment 5 and everything left of that pipeline that is the boundary for 5 back to the back was Unit 2. only 5 people hunting this unit. The rest in the middle was unit 3 with 15 hunters I believe. 1 & 4 had 10 hunters each I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome. Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                    I think this is still current.
                    That ones about the same, the north unit on the other hand is a bunch of water now

Comment

After the meeting Friday afternoon, can we hunt then or just scout?

Comment

After the meeting Friday afternoon, can we hunt then or just scout?
                        You can fire away. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

that's not what they said on the first hunt. Friday was only for setting up and scouting. It doesn't say that anywhere in the hunt info but somebody asked that specific question at the end of orientation and they said no hunting on Friday.

Comment

Would that Friday have been in season?

Comment

Would that Friday have been in season?
                              great point that was probably it. I just figured it was like MLD and not regular season regs since it was a draw hunt on a WMA and we weren't using our own tags. Recently I only hunt draw hunts so don't even pay attention to season dates and just assume if they say the hunt is from 10/1-10/10 that means that we can actually hunt those days. Good thing somebody asked about it...

Comment

Got a good rain at house last night. Radar looked like WMA got a good one too. I wanted a big rain right before… just hope it wasn’t enough to cancel

Comment

Working...
                                X