Supply chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supply chain

We are in the specialty chemical business and our supply chain is about 1 more major hit away from collapsing. Anyone else seeing items they need to do business disappearing?

Not just stuck in a port or hard to get. But simply not available?

Yes we make drilling hoses and materials are getting harder and harder to source even when purchased a year out.

Comment

It’s about to get real, most people just don’t know it.

Going to be a rough Holiday Season and we will see what the world looks like afterwards. It should be an awakening for most people.

Comment

Yes... Paint is the source of our issues right now. Allegedly there is certain chemicals in the metal primer we use that are impossible to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
          It’s about to get real, most people just don’t know it.

Going to be a rough Holiday Season and we will see what the world looks like afterwards. It should be an awakening for most people.
          So where can one invest and make money? Will this cause markets to drop around the holidays? Make bulk shippers stock rise?

Comment

yep. We are having an increasingly difficult time getting materials. And when we can prices are 30+% higher than normal.

Comment

It's scary how fragile the international supply chain is. When working well it is the engine of the worldwide economy and is responsible for tremendous growth. We are now finding out the ripple effect when it goes haywire...

Comment

Yes, Glyphosphate (Round Up) is No Where to Be found right now for farmers and ranchers.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  So where can one invest and make money? Will this cause markets to drop around the holidays? Make bulk shippers stock rise?
                  I would expect the market’s to drop around holiday season, but im personally going to “stay the course” as an index investor and just add more to my position on bad days.

Comment

I'm in the specialty chemicals manufacturing business as well and have been managing through things getting our material on iso containers but the amount of rolls and or no driver availability has been crazy. Huge vulnerability, just found out that a material that our process requires, the manufacturer doesn't have on spec material and best case might have it mid-November lol, if we get to a point where we HAVE to have it and they are still off spec- we are down completely. Fingers crossed on our end for sure.

Comment

I am in the sporting goods industry (Sock and Jock Salesman)

It's bad and we re being told mid 2022 before any relief

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                        I am in the sporting goods industry (Sock and Jock Salesman)

It's bad and we re being told mid 2022 before any relief
                        Your job was hard before this given the issues with inventory, I couldn't imagine what you are going through now.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          Your job was hard before this given the issues with inventory, I couldn't imagine what you are going through now.
                          Oh man.... Only one way to describe it... SUX!!

Lots of hours in front of the computer.

Usually at it by 5am - 9am then try to see a customer or three computer from 3pm - 6pm, hang with family a bit and then back on computer from 9pm - midnight... Rinse and repeat....

Comment

On our side of the chemical market phosphonate production world wide is down 90%. We use various forms in many of the chemicals we sell (originated from china of course).

Sulfamic acid is unavailable-which is a key component of another chemical we need. I can shift to chlorine, but that market is stressed right now and will not do well when every water chemistry company in the US starts hoarding g bleach.

We just got a 38% price increase on stabilized bromine, on top of the 30 % we got last year.

I suspect other markets are messed up but they don’t feed me so I pay less attention. Better buy those Christmas presents now!

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                              Yes... Paint is the source of our issues right now. Allegedly there is certain chemicals in the metal primer we use that are impossible to get.
                              Maybe phosphate chemistry in some form. It is used in a lot of metal prep products

Comment

Working...
                              X