No announcement yet.

Duck recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I make a lot of recipe that I get from chicken, use duck in place. Make chicken stroganoff but sub duck, also love chicken Marsala sub duck. Look up shrimp Piquant sauce (Cajun spaghetti Sauce). Sub with duck.

Comment

Quite interesting recipes, I will try some of them soon!

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
        Man I make a lot of recipe that I get from chicken, use duck in place. Make chicken stroganoff but sub duck, also love chicken Marsala sub duck. Look up shrimp Piquant sauce (Cajun spaghetti Sauce). Sub with duck.
        My buddy does a lot of stroganoff also. Its good.

Comment

There's an excellent book called "duck, duck, goose" by Hank Shaw on how to cook water fowl, give it a gander.

Comment

I occasionally make duck fajita breakfast burritos with scrambled egg, duck, some bellpeppers, and onion when in the blind with friends. Throw on some homemade picante and cheese in a big ol flour tortilla.

Comment

I saved duck breasts on a year we killed a lot of birds. Had smoked sausage made with it hands down the best thing I’ve ever done with it.

Chicken fried strips or cooked hot and fast on the grill are my go to options otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not breakfast but I made some duck tikka masala recently that was a huge hit.

Comment

After a cold and dreary morning of hunting ducks, warm yourself up with some Pappardelle noodles in Tuscan Duck Sauce.

Comment

Below is the way I HIGHLY recommend cooking ducks for friends and guest. Can’t explain it, you just have to try it.

1 table spoon curry powder
                    1 table spoon chili powder
                    1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
                    2/3 cup soy sauce
                    1/3 cup lime juice
                    2 table spoons honey
                    2/3 cup olive oil (divided)
                    1 cup chopped onion
                    3 gloves garlic- chopped or minced (I use garlic powder)
                    4 (big duck breast – mallard, widgeon, pintail, you know.) As you are aware of Teal is better eating it just takes more Teal breast.

Place curry powder, chili powder, black pepper, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, and 1/3 cup olive oil in a jar and shake vigorously to blend.

Saute onion and garlic in remaining olive oil. After onions are soft add it to the jar of all the other good stuff and shake again.

Take your duck breast and cut them into strips (about 4 to 5 strips per breast)
                    Pour marinade over top and refrigerate for about 3 to 4 hours. Take skewers and put pineapple, duck meat, onion and what ever else you like to eat and grill over hot grill for about 4 minutes each side. The key is to not over cook the meat. Take the remaining marinade and boil. (Use as a gravy or to dip your meat in after cooking is done.)

You can substitute any meat, deer, pork, turkey, chicken, raccoon, rabbit, squirrel…….. will be a hit guarantied.

Thanks me later

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      I occasionally make duck fajita breakfast burritos with scrambled egg, duck, some bellpeppers, and onion when in the blind with friends. Throw on some homemade picante and cheese in a big ol flour tortilla.
                      This. Cook them medium rare and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Treat them like steak and you will be very surprised how tender and delicious they are. I do these at parties and no one can ever believe it is duck or goose I’m serving them.

Comment

I saw a duck breast bacon recipe that looked really good. I’ll see if I can find it

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                          I saw a duck breast bacon recipe that looked really good. I’ll see if I can find it

I think I’ve heard of that one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Age them in the fridge and all you need is a hot cast iron skillet, a little oil and salt and pepper. I would encourage a google search on the topic. From just breasts to whole birds. Makes them so much better.

Comment

Maple Smoked Duck Bacon Ingredients: 4 duck breasts, skin on 1/2 cup used coffee grounds 1 cup real maple syrup 2 tsp cure, I use maple cure 1/2 cup sea salt 2 tbsp smoked paprika 2 tbsp cracked pepper 2-3 cups cold water In a shallow dish or ziplock bag dissolve cure and salt in

Comment

Working...
                              X