Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crock pot recipe ideas for an all day sit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for Mississippi pot roast for sure

During mule deer season or peak of white tail rut, I’ll usually do every other supper meal a crock pot meal, since I’m out either all day or only in camp for a bit. Really like the new crock pots you can set for a certain time like 10 hours then it automatically turns to warm so it’s still good and hot when the day is done

Two others that I love to do.

- carne guisada. I made this with pork initially but substituted a javelina from one of my draw hunts for the pork. Came out insanely good. After reading all the Fuss about the smell and people leaving them lay,, I was surprised at how good it is.

-doves and offals stew - dove breasts (bone still in) cream of mushroom, cream of potato, potatoes, onions, bell and jalapeño peppers…then every heart and gizzard you can gather from the group of friends you dove hunted with.. (I may come home with only ten of my own birds but I’ll have thirty or forty hearts and gizzards from friends that only keep the breast)

Comment

Originally posted by andreww5001 View Post
      Today my wife made a delicious crock pot lasagna so that when we got home from church, we had plenty to eat with little prep. That got me to thinking, on my out of state hunt where I plan to hunt all day, what are some other crock pot recipe ideas that I could start early in the morning before I head out so that when I pull in that evening it's waiting and ready to be eaten?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
      How about that Lasagna recipe?

Comment

Browned pork ribs in sauerkraut. Burned butter kniffles on the side

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll post it when she gets home.

Comment

We cook this pretty often and love it.

1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
            16 oz. Olive Garden Italian dressing
            1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
            1/4 tsp. black pepper
            8 oz. cream cheese

Add these items after cooking time is up:
            16 oz. penne pasta cooked according to package directions and drain well
            1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
            Pour in the Olive Garden Italian dressing and sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and pepper.
            Place the cream cheese on top.
            Place the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 5-6 hours.

When the cooking time is almost done, start cooking the pasta on the stove top as directed on the package.

Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Drain the pasta and add to the chicken and sauce.
            Stir.
            Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              Here it is: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Comment

Pork tenderloin and a bottle of Stubbs bbq sauce !
                Done.

Comment

Not sure where you will be staying but we use to cook a bunch of meals before we left out for our hunt and freezing them. We would put what we were planning on eating that night in the sink so it could thaw out. We stayed in my Motorhome up in the mountains. Spaghetti, guisada, chili, jambalaya, red beans and rice with sausage, smoked brisket, potatoes eggs and chorizo, chicken spaghetti, chicken and dumplings.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                    Pork tenderloin and a bottle of Stubbs bbq sauce !
                    Done.
                    And some Hawaiian rolls!

Comment

Layer several times cream of celery/mushroom soup, potatoe slices, onion slices and channel catfish fillets.
                      Season with favorite stuff while layering. I like Hill Country Seasoning.
                      Don't open until ready to eat.
                      Serve with crackers and fresh noonday onions.

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
                        Not sure where you will be staying but we use to cook a bunch of meals before we left out for our hunt and freezing them. We would put what we were planning on eating that night in the sink so it could thaw out. We stayed in my Motorhome up in the mountains. Spaghetti, guisada, chili, jambalaya, red beans and rice with sausage, smoked brisket, potatoes eggs and chorizo, chicken spaghetti, chicken and dumplings.
                        Been thinking about going this route too. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                        X