Great job

Marty Blanchart
    Spray Insulation
    254-216-2239
    blanchard.marty@icloud.com
    400 Medart Lane
    Evant, TX 76525

Comment

I had my 20x40 done with closed cell on the walls, conventional on the roof. It is great. During the "big freeze", we lost power for about 4 days. I was not down at the place,but it appears that it stayed warm enough in the building that the ice in the freezer started to melt.

In the heat of the summer, if you open it up and get the breeze flowing, it feels like sitting under a nice shady oak tree.

This building is on the coast in the Port Lavaca area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Agreed for many reasons. Not only does it insulate but it also stiffens the structure at lot.

I went 1” roof and walls but wish I had done 2” on the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Mike is SPOT ON! I forgot to add that! I couldn't believe how much more structural strength the closed cell insulation added to my building. Everyone knows how that metal R panel skin rattles when wind hits it. It tightens up firm when sprayed...almost like concrete to be honest.
        I went with 2" in the ceiling/roof and 1" on the walls. Bottom line...best money I spent on my shop...PERIOD.
        Another advantage I saw was the noise dampening effect. Quietened things down very nicely.

Comment

I also just got done building a 30x40 with 14 side walls and those are about the numbers I’m getting back. Gonna do it eventually.

Comment

12’ walls. Will probably go ahead and do it all. Thanks for the comments.

Comment

Originally posted by gmj View Post
              12’ walls. Will probably go ahead and do it all. Thanks for the comments.
              Good call brother. Find the $, bite the bullet and do it now. You will be so glad you did. It would be a total PITA to try to do it later after you put stuff in it.

Comment

I built a 30x30 metal building, 12' walls, a company out of Georgetown called Biotex Foam insulation put 2" closed cell on the walls and 5" open cell on the celling. Its 10* cooler in the shop. and that 2" closed cell on the walls sure stiffend them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin62 View Post
                  I built a 30x30 metal building, 12' walls, a company out of Georgetown called Biotex Foam insulation put 2" closed cell on the walls and 5" open cell on the celling. Its 10* cooler in the shop. and that 2" closed cell on the walls sure stiffend them up.

How did they do open cell with no vapor barrier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X