Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turkeygetpwnd38 View Post
    I am interested for the late February hunt this year if still offering
    I've got a 1000w Quietkat Warrior with trailer I would let you borrow for the right price. I'm in Corpus... if you haven't been on one of the e-bikes before, it's 75 lbs and took up more than half of the bed in my truck. add me on facebook if you're interested. I'm not active enough here.

-Stephen Skrobarczyk

p.s. i killed two nilgai cows, several hogs, had 3 deer dead to rights, saw 4 bulls, passed on another cow, etc. in November. After hunting Atascosa hard with a bow for over 15 years with occasional success, putting a gun and e-bike in my arsenal led to a crazy, awesome hunt that kicked my ***.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by skrobo; 01-30-2023, 12:02 PM. Reason: added story

Comment

photos
      Attached Files

Comment

This forum does just as much to draw attention to LANWR as any YouTube video. Most people watching that video aren’t going to apply due to the long odds and long drives from out of state. However, your local Texas hunters sure are, and they’re all on here reading about it. Secondly, I would inquire as to whether or not they had a permit to film. If not, someone may feel so inclined as to contact LANWR. I tried to post the link to the permit requirement, but I don’t have enough posts to do so. But basically, you need a permit to film for commercial use. I would suspect that would be enough to have the video removed from YouTube if anyone had the time to follow up.

Comment

You’re right about that

Comment

Originally posted by Justin T View Post
            This forum does just as much to draw attention to LANWR as any YouTube video. Most people watching that video aren’t going to apply due to the long odds and long drives from out of state. However, your local Texas hunters sure are, and they’re all on here reading about it. Secondly, I would inquire as to whether or not they had a permit to film. If not, someone may feel so inclined as to contact LANWR. I tried to post the link to the permit requirement, but I don’t have enough posts to do so. But basically, you need a permit to film for commercial use. I would suspect that would be enough to have the video removed from YouTube if anyone had the time to follow up.

I don’t think the same way.

If you’re reading this forum, you’re already aware of this hunt opportunity and are already invested enough to join in or at least read this extensively discussed topic on this particular thread with thousands of posts.

If you’re watching YouTube, it’s showing you new content depending on you’re recent views, searches, likes etc.

To post here, is in no comparison to a large social media platform such as YouTube.

Many people will apply for their first time, then realize those things you mentioned- travel distance, low success odds. Many residents admit that when they first attend this hunt. Perhaps it will more than likely increase 2nd draw opportunity- WHICH IS NOTHING TO HOPE FOR.

I do thing the same way

About the rest of that. I’d think they were alignment with regulations, this was not their first hunt there. Go ask![emoji1787][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The amount of people saying Laguna Atascosa and/or asking if it was on the Laguna and how to get in on the hunt is pretty high.

I'm generally very much so of the mindset that it's public so no need to try and hide it or be shady about any public hunt.

However, I do agree the more publicity you get on a place the more pressure you get and the lower the odds of getting drawn are. Basically it is advertising. If you start a new restaurant and don't advertise, sure the locals will start to filter in and it'll be a great little gem. Then that Guy dude on Diners Drive Ins and Dives comes by and puts your place on TV and you end up wit people from who knows where swinging in for some meat loaf. Same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin T View Post
                It may not draw as much attention as YouTube but it definitely makes a lot of info available. All of the threads are indexed by Google and if you Google any of the public land spots + the word hunting a lot of the top search results are going to be past threads from TBH.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahhhhh, the internet. Ain't it wonderful?

But without it, we wouldn’t have TBH either, would we?

Comment

Originally posted by StringStalker View Post
                    We got drawn for teniente 11/17-11/20. I was planning going to a magnus black hornet ser razor. But hadn’t thought about slick trick honestly. Not sure which is better but I definitely wanna go to a 125g fixed.
                    How did the Ser Razor work out for you? Picked up a couple and curious how they've done in the field?

Comment

Originally posted by skrobo View Post
                      photos
                      You're gonna get yourself shot out there with no orange on, people on these hunts are nuts.

Comment

No kidding, When I was there on a rifle hunt I saw 3 blinds set up on the roads. I wouldn't go near that zone on a dare. crazy folks out there. I called the staff on it and they said... it is not against the rules. screw that.

Comment

Working...
                        X