Pork Tenderloin recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    Here's one I posted in the Recipes Forum a couple years ago. (Sometimes I don't feel like firing up the smoker) Everybody I've ever served it to has really liked it.

Pork Tenderloin Medallions in Orange Garlic Sause
    Ingedients:
    1/4 cup flour
    salt and ground pepper
    Pork back strap or tenderloin trimmed and sliced into 1/2 thick medallions
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    3/4 cup orange juice (about 4 oranges if you are squeezing fresh)
    1 tablespoon lemon juice

In shallow dish, whisk together flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    Mash or hammer pork slices till' they're about 1/3 inch thick
    Dredge slices in flour/spice mixture-shake off excess
    Heat olive oil over medium high heat
    Working in batches so you don't crowd the pan, sear the slices till brown (about 2 min per side)
    Transfer to platter, cover with foil

Add a little more oil, then garlic to pan, stirring till you can smell it (about a minute)
    Add orange and lemon juice, bring to a boil, scrape up browned bits
    Cook 2-3 minutes till slightly thickenend, add salt and pepper
    Pour sauce over pork slices and toss to cover.

Enjoy!!
    Jerp, why doesn’t this have its own thread? Love this recipe! I hadn’t made it in a while and had a hard time finding it.

Comment

Originally posted by tbobhill View Post
      the health minded can always take the bacon off but its hard to beat with it on. I always put an extra layer of bacon down on the foil so the bacon your wrappin it with wont stick and you only lose a couple strips.
      Thats a great idea!

Comment

If it weighs 8lbs., it's not a tenderloin (hotter and faster cook) it's a pork loin (low and slow).
        Cook either to 145 degrees internal and wrap and rest 15-20 min. before serving. Pour juices over plated slices.

Comment

We don't care for the store pre-marinated loins. Too salty.

I stuff with whatever good stuff we have around, even if it's just wild rice with a lil cream cheese. Prefer something like cooked crawfish n dirty rice, jalapeno (or other peppers) & lil cream cheese, rare cooked bacon and dirty/wild rice, or something on those lines.

Big deal for me is the start. A good hard aggressive pan sear on all sides.

After that, you almost can't ruin it if watching your meat temp.

If I have it on hand, I dust it all over with Honey Hog (Meat Church).
          Last edited by tigerscowboy; 09-27-2022, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Here's one I posted in the Recipes Forum a couple years ago. (Sometimes I don't feel like firing up the smoker) Everybody I've ever served it to has really liked it.

Pork Tenderloin Medallions in Orange Garlic Sause
            Ingedients:
            1/4 cup flour
            salt and ground pepper
            Pork back strap or tenderloin trimmed and sliced into 1/2 thick medallions
            2 tablespoons olive oil
            2 garlic cloves, minced
            3/4 cup orange juice (about 4 oranges if you are squeezing fresh)
            1 tablespoon lemon juice

In shallow dish, whisk together flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper
            Mash or hammer pork slices till' they're about 1/3 inch thick
            Dredge slices in flour/spice mixture-shake off excess
            Heat olive oil over medium high heat
            Working in batches so you don't crowd the pan, sear the slices till brown (about 2 min per side)
            Transfer to platter, cover with foil

Add a little more oil, then garlic to pan, stirring till you can smell it (about a minute)
            Add orange and lemon juice, bring to a boil, scrape up browned bits
            Cook 2-3 minutes till slightly thickenend, add salt and pepper
            Pour sauce over pork slices and toss to cover.

Enjoy!!

Not only does this sound delicious (a little like a piccata sauce, but with orange juice instead of lemon juice) but it sounds quick and easy as well.

Comment

I keep it simple with tendeloin. Rub with a lil mustard, brown sugar, coriander, paprika, sea salt, and cayenne for the heat. Smoke to 140-145. So simple yet soooo good. Same thing for loin but take to 145. Slice thin. Lunch meat for a week

Comment

That is not a Pork Tenderloin. It is a Boneless Pork Loin.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIrlgzYmQog"]Pork Tenderloin vs. Pork Loin - What's the Difference? | Biteseez - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                  Jerp, why doesn’t this have its own thread? Love this recipe! I hadn’t made it in a while and had a hard time finding it.
                  It probably did was it was likely 15 or more years ago. When was the crash?

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                    Good question.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      October 2006. That's what a lot of us have as our start date, even though we were here long before that.

Comment

Originally posted by RonaldB View Post
                        I stuff it with bouldin and Pepper jack cheese.
                        This right here

Comment

Working...
                        X