Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real Estate Questions for experts (that's all of you)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen lot's of talk and conjecture on other threads about the real estate market crashing "soon" or even "eventually", but I'd like to know what some are basing this on besides "the market will correct" or the fact that if it dips 5% in 20 years y'all can still say "Told ya".

Simply put, what do you see today that makes you say this? I'm truly asking a question to which I'd like more clarity. Of course, not including crazy legislation, complete economic crash or war, what makes you think Texas is bound to crash?

Alternatively, if you disagree, why as well?

Go.

I base my prediction on demographics. More people constantly moving to Texas with a finite amount of real estate available. You ain’t seen nothing yet. Buckle up!

Comment

I don't think a crash is coming for Texas, at least not while Biden is in office and the west is bone dry and staring down the barrel at some serious water cuts.

There may be some areas that slow down because they shouldn't have boomed in the first place but Austin, Dallas, and the Woodlands would be healthy even of the rest of the country was in a recession.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        I base my prediction on demographics. More people constantly moving to Texas with a finite amount of real estate available. You ain’t seen nothing yet. Buckle up!
        That won't cause a crash. I'd think that'll cause the opposite of a crash. That's what's happening now. Inventory hasn't kept up with transplants and thus the seller's market we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          That won't cause a crash. I'd think that'll cause the opposite of a crash. That's what's happening now. Inventory hasn't kept up with transplants and thus the seller's market we're seeing now.
          I saying the opposite of a crash. I’m predicting a bigger boom.

Comment

I saying the opposite of a crash. I’m predicting a bigger boom.
            Ahhhh. Gotcha! I can't disagree.

Comment

I don’t see it crashing anytime soon.
              I need to find me some property in Oklahoma before it gets crazy up there as well.
              Hopefully it will stay hot in Texas for awhile and I can sell my place and retire.

You still haven’t sent me a price on that truck...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                I don’t see it crashing anytime soon.
                I need to find me some property in Oklahoma before it gets crazy up there as well.
                Hopefully it will stay hot in Texas for awhile and I can sell my place and retire.

You still haven’t sent me a price on that truck
                I still haven't convinced Jennie that I'm selling her truck.

Comment

As long as interest rates stay low it will keep on running.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                    As long as interest rates stay low it will keep on running.
                    What if they double? 6% has only been considered a high rate for the last 10-12 years. Before that lots of places had booms with mortgage interest rates closer to 10%. Is it interest rates that driving the boom, or transplants eating up inventory. I mean if Texas mortgage rates go to 7%, so does California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, and everywhere else. I can see rising rates affecting the market, but would that be enough to crash it here in Texas?

Comment

Supply, demand, inflation. Real estate prices will continue to increase here in Texas.

Comment

Curt, here’s a chart I was sent by a friend who works for Magnolia Real Estate here in San Antonio. This was presented to them at quarterly meeting by some real estate guru Chip Gaines had come in. He did the research and made the chart. Take it as you will but I somewhat ageee with it for Austin and San Antonio as those two markets I cover. IMO Austin has been over priced for years and it’s even worse now with little to no inventory. I have clients who said fork it and will not be buying in Austin because they can’t afford what’s left on the market. San Antonio is still climbing in inventory available and prices also. Inventory is thin but more and more people are jumping into sell. I bet San Antonio has another 18 months of this current market trend before we see any slow down whatsoever

Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 08-07-2021, 01:15 PM.

Comment

This right here ^^. I wish I was sitting on a few 20-40 acres parcels within 30 minutes of any major market. I do not see this slowing down anytime soon even if rates triple. I just hope lenders remember where they screwed up 15 years ago.

Comment

The market appears to be going from a really really really really good sellers market to a really really really good sellers market around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

In my opinion, and that’s all it is, is once the rent and mortgage forbearance is lifted allowing evictions to occur, you will have a surge of housing come into the market within a few months time period. Those that truly can’t afford rent/mortgage won’t be able to go out and move into a new place so most will end up moving in with family and/or friends. The last report I heard stated 2 million households nationwide have not been paying rent/mortgage. According to the census bureau, there are currently about 140 million housing units in the US. 2 million represents just over 1% of all households.

There are still a LOT of other variables though that can push housing one way or another. One pattern that seems to be emerging though is a lot of similarities between the 2008 crash and today. Oh, you can’t afford it? No problem, we will just stretch out your payments for a few more years.

Comment

Working...
                              X