A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgato View Post
    Put cameras out yesterday. Got this one last night. Think he's either 5-6. He's on a YouTube video from last yr. Looks about same to me though his frame may be a bit bigger

That dude looks plenty old. Lot of sag and loose skin on his neck/brisket. Not questioning your aging but I’d confidently call him 6 off of that photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      He has that extended wave in his main beams like another monster you once had

Yep I remember that one also!

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
        That dude looks plenty old. Lot of sag and loose skin on his neck/brisket. Not questioning your aging but I’d confidently call him 6 off of that photo!

You could be right. This is the 3rd year we have been watching him. Question is if he was 3 or 4 when first noticed. What I know is he made a pretty big jump from between first time we saw him and second. That along with other things is why I tend to think 5....but impossible to be sure. Also summer photos are generally deceiving to me.

For sure , he will be safe this year irrespective.

Comment

Was going to ask yesterday but forgot. What killed all of your timber Rusty?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            Was going to ask yesterday but forgot. What killed all of your timber Rusty?
            Hurricane Laura hit us dead on last August 27. Devastating

Comment

Wow. What a gut punch.

Comment

Theres daddy. He is at least 8 if not 9. The other is a newbie. Don't know him but may have squiggly #4
                Attached Files

Comment

My goodness!! Looks to be another epic year for you!!

Comment

How is everything looking in Mexico?

Comment

Awesome bucks as usual!

Comment

Spring / summer green up - We have experienced an abundance of browse here in Avoyelles/St. Landry parishes, though not as much hurricane damage. Our does are butterball fat with little evidence of ticks. The deer should go into the fall in good shape. Thanks for the update and trail cam pictures.

Comment

Would be fun to play " age this buck" but with the shadows making it tricky I'll spare the contest. this will be the 6th year we have watched this buck making us believe he is probably 9. Best I remember his best year was with 4 or 5 when he appeared to be low/mid 170's. Since then he hasn't varied 5" frame identical, overall size similar. Very mellow buck we see regularly.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Beaut! Bet he is a treat to see live

Comment

Nice trim 4 year old needs 3 more years.

Comment

Always enjoy this thread - great deer as always. We'd love to see some more pics and get an update if possible.

Let's not let this thread die!

Comment

Working...
                                X