Help! Skunk in a dog proof!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Skunk in a dog proof!

Sugestions?... Skunk in a dog proof trap.

Reaaaaallllyyy don't Wana get sprayed...

Shoot it !

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
      Shoot it !
      Leaning on that... But I've never shot one that DIDNT spray

Comment

Wait until it curls up and goes to sleep. Shoot it in the back of its head with a 22. Take trap over to the big hole you dug and bury the whole thing
        Seriously if you wait until it curls up to sleep you can dispatch it without it spraying.

Comment

Use a big enough bullet there nothing left to spray

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoot it, from a distance, then walk away. Come back six months later and retrieve the trap.

Comment

where are you? I can release it

Comment

Body Shoot it and come back after it’s dead
                Limb lop his foot off from Upwind. Drag off upwind with hoe or wire.

Deal with severed foot later.

Comment

If you're interested in releasing the skunk, I can share with you what has been an effective method for me.

But, if are thinking about shooting it, I would shoot it in the heart. A brain shot often results in a spray, but if you take out the heart, surprisingly they do not spray.
                  Last edited by MitchParker; 08-15-2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    Wait until it curls up and goes to sleep. Shoot it in the back of its head with a 22. Take trap over to the big hole you dug and bury the whole thing
                    Seriously if you wait until it curls up to sleep you can dispatch it without it spraying.
                    So not true! Best bet is to shoot in the heart with 22 short or subsonic while he is standing. This often works, but not guaranteed. It does sometimes fail. Premise is that the impact is minor enough that he doesn't react but quickly dies.

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
                      If you're interested in releasing the skunk, I can share with you what has been an effective method for me.

But, if are thinking about shooting it, I would shoot it in the heart. A brain shot often results in a spray, but if you take out the heart, surprisingly they do not spray.
                      I would love to hear your strategy

Comment

Ok... So what I did... Shot it in the lungs with a 22... Went inside and had coffee

Came back out... It hadn't SPRAYED... But wasn't without smell. Took it out of trap and into the bush. Really wasn't bad

Cool skunk, almost all white

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                          Ok... So what I did... Shot it in the lungs with a 22... Went inside and had coffee

Came back out... It hadn't SPRAYED... But wasn't without smell. Took it out of trap and into the bush. Really wasn't bad

Cool skunk, almost all white
                          Good job.

Comment

cat food for bait? works every time!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've released many, many skunks alive and never been sprayed. All you do is just approach the trap slowly and calmly, give him time to get used to you being there, and then open the door. Never even had one raise its tail much less spray. They're not nearly as aggressive a raccoons.

Comment

Working...
                              X