The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Anybody have any feedback on the Pulsar Rxq30v?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Depends on what you want to do with it Mike. I have the green tint RXQ30V for scanning and as a loner for the kids and also have the XQ38 mounted on my AR. It’s great for scanning but coyotes at a distance require me to pick up my AR for positive identification.

Comment

Originally posted by static99899 View Post
      According to an ATN rep, some of their low end night scopes are made in China but all thermals and high end(gen 3 and up) are 100% made in USA.
      I definitely don't want to speak out of turn but I believe their current thermals are made in China but again, I could be wrong. I will confirm one way or the other. I searched the web and everything online points to China and their website doesn't say. I'd think if was made in America they'd be promoting that but again, I'll triple check.

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
      Thanks, Jason. Have you heard anything about the Thermion XQ38s? Are they still on track for this summer?
      Yes sir, the Thermion XQ50's just started trickling in today and I expect to see the XQ38's trickle in over the next 2 months or so. We will be using the XQ50's in the field and reviewing them very soon and my expectations for them and the XQ38's are high!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Anybody have any feedback on the Pulsar Rxq30v?
        The RXQ30V is an excellent optic if you're doing close range shooting with the vast majority of your shots being under 100 yards. It has max hog/coyote ID range of around 175-200 yards depending on the conditions. Shooting much over 150 yards with it is a stretch but do-able in a pinch in good conditions with an experienced night hunter. Generally I advise people to keep their shots under 150. The fixed focus doesn't mean things are blurry, it means you can't get the sharp image detail at the longer ranges that you will from a focusable objective lens.

The original model had a green tint over the display but that was removed in May of 2019 and now they have a standard black and white screen. They are 1.6x base magnification, picture in picture, small and light weight. They do no have any video recording options, they are a no frills scope that gets the job done for close range shooting.

We've talked about them a lot over the years but the reviews are getting a little dated since it was released in 2017 and now the display is black and white.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjY9GAusn1w"]PULSAR CORE RXQ30V THERMAL RIFLE SCOPE FULL REVIEW - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzHzC9OAywM"]Pulsar Core RXQ30V | Full Review - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Jason, how long the wraiths gonna be backordered?

Comment

Just received the Digex, image is really good and stock IR will do everything you want to at least 200 yards. Will update with sight in and first hunt reviews when able.

Comment

Just put my order in for a new IR light. Thanks for the help Jason.

Description   The Sniper Hog Light 66LRX is a long range 850nm LED IR illuminator that is an excellent replacement for the stock illuminators that come with most digital night vision rifle scopes. The 66LRX is capable of illuminating out to 800+ yards and the focus-able head allows for a wide flood or a tight spot patt

Comment

I need to order one too. Tired of changing out CR123s lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/produc...31648093143114

I really like mine!!
                  Did you get any other bulbs with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                    I really like mine!!
                    Did you get any other bulbs with it?
                    Jason gave me a link to what he recommended after we talked. I didn’t order any extra bulbs.
                    I got a feeling I will like it also. He said it will be like an entirely different piece and of equipment.

Comment

Jason gave me a link to what he recommended after we talked. I didn’t order any extra bulbs.
                      [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by J-Carp View Post
                        Jason, how long the wraiths gonna be backordered?
                        Sightmark told me Friday that they have a shipment in route via sea and it should be in Texas in about 2 weeks. I'm crossing my fingers that the timeline holds true. I know some things have been getting delayed at the ports recently but I'm hoping these roll on in in 2-3 weeks.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/produc...31648093143114
                        Thank you very much!

Comment

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                          The RXQ30V is an excellent optic if you're doing close range shooting with the vast majority of your shots being under 100 yards. It has max hog/coyote ID range of around 175-200 yards depending on the conditions. Shooting much over 150 yards with it is a stretch but do-able in a pinch in good conditions with an experienced night hunter. Generally I advise people to keep their shots under 150. The fixed focus doesn't mean things are blurry, it means you can't get the sharp image detail at the longer ranges that you will from a focusable objective lens.

The original model had a green tint over the display but that was removed in May of 2019 and now they have a standard black and white screen. They are 1.6x base magnification, picture in picture, small and light weight. They do no have any video recording options, they are a no frills scope that gets the job done for close range shooting.

We've talked about them a lot over the years but the reviews are getting a little dated since it was released in 2017 and now the display is black and white.

PULSAR CORE RXQ30V THERMAL RIFLE SCOPE FULL REVIEW - YouTube

Pulsar Core RXQ30V | Full Review - YouTube

Thank you Sir. I have absolutely no use for a thermal optic, but I kinda want one.

My neighbor has been shooting pigs with his lately. We are talking bow range shots for the most part.

I just can’t justify spending big $$ on a thermal because (1) I don’t currently have a lease or place to shoot pigs and (2) even if I did I doubt I would use it very often. I have a G2+ PVS-7 that hasn’t been out of the safe in a couple of years. I suspect the thermal would be the same.

Comment

A question on mounts. I just bought a Pulsar Trail XQ50 LRF. It came with the standard Pulsar bolt on (non QD) mount. Jason was also kind enough to throw in the (updated?) Pulsar QD mount as well. QD is cool and all, but I am much more concerned with being rock solid and zero POI shift. The QD mount to me just doesn't seem like it has that much rail mounting area for an optic that big and heavy. I went ahead and mounted it up using the old school mount, not QD. For those who have experience with them, which of those two seems to be the most solid as far as maintaining POI?

Next question. I also see quite a few folks going with the DLOC-PTM (this is the same mount as the ZRO Delta QD mount, correct?). Is this a worthwhile upgrade? I don't mind spending the money if I need to. Mostly this optic will stay on my 6.5 Grendel, but at times I am sure it will swap around a bit. Should I bite the bullet and go ahead and step up to this mount?
                            Last edited by Jethro; 05-04-2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

I use the QD Mount on a Trail XQ50 and love it. It’s nice to take the scope off and haul it in it’s own protective case instead of in a gun case.

So far I’ve picked on slot on my picatinny rail and have had zero issues with my POI

Comment

Thanks Russ 81, I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X