GAS Ghost Strings - Loss of pounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAS Ghost Strings - Loss of pounds

I recently replaced my bow strings with the GAS Ghost strings on my Mathews V3X. It has the 70 lb mod but when I got home I checked the poundage and it was at 67 lbs. after some reps prolly not more than 100, my bow is at now 65 lbs with slight peep rotation. Bad batch? Or can this set be tightened to specs?

That was the main reason I switched.. seeing that a higher quality strings would avoid this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it back to whoever installed it and them get it back into spec, just a matter of twisting the strings and cables.

Comment

My peep rotated on my Ghost string and lost poundage, just not as bad as the original Mathews Zebra string.

Comment

Measure the ATA. Most Mathews are hot (72-73lb range) when in spec even at 70lbs. I prefer them to be 1/16th short on the ATA so when the strings do stretch, they're still in spec.

Most of the GAS strings have a little break in period but they seem to settle fine after that.

I don't know which shop you used, but I'd guess the ATA was a little off when you got it back.

Comment

Working...
        X