How to clean an old euro mount.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to clean an old euro mount.

I have several euros that are showing grease. Any way to clean them up?

You need enough of a tank to submerge the skull. Fill the tank or whatever with water and add half a cup of regular good ole dawn soap and mix up good. I had a heat strip that I put under my tank and kept the water 115-120 degree’s. It will remove all of the grease in 24 hours.

If you use this method then set it out in the hot sun on pavement it will become bone white and a lot more natural than the 40 volume . If not careful with the 40 you can easily damage nasal cavities and it can damage bone also! I used the soap method on animals brought to me from Africa and those things are soaked in grease.
    Last edited by Bucknaked; 08-22-2022, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Had a buddy on here once tell me to use Developer (like salon level peroxide) and baking soda to make a paste, paste it on there and it will dry it/bleach it/renew it.

I used a 40 volume similar to this - https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-col.../SLNCAR63.html

Comment

Do both of these and it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
          Had a buddy on here once tell me to use Developer (like salon level peroxide) and baking soda to make a paste, paste it on there and it will dry it/bleach it/renew it.

I used a 40 volume similar to this - https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-col.../SLNCAR63.html
          Pretty sure a taxidermist on here said bleach will deteriorate the bones.

Comment

No bleach. EVER.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Both were done by professionals.

Comment

Depending on how (if) they were sealed, you might be out of luck.

Comment

I get the no bleach part - in cleaning them up, the peroxide paste does the trick with the baking soda mixed in; just sharing with OP what has worked on my end. havent had any issues yet, maybe since the developer is a lower concentrated volume of bleach than actual bleach?

Comment

The commercial hair "bleach" stuff works good. You can buy it on amazon. Just paint it on and saran wrap it for a day. Then hose it off. I would recommend the dawn soap first to degrease. The bleach just makes it white.

Comment

Working...
                    X