Next link internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next link internet

Anybody have it? Thinking about switching to them since my internet is not that good. Since both my wife and I depend on the internet to work from home I am thinking about the small business or commercial packages. Let me know the good and bad

Anyone?

Comment

we have it at my office in Weatherford - its good here. Cant get it at my house because we are to rural.... wish we could

Comment

We use it in Decatur and it’s ok.. to be fair where we moved from we had Verizon fios so it was super speed.. we can still watch Netflix if sling tv without major interruptions.. with that being said a lot of it will depend on where you are at.. a buddy of mine switched to nextlink for better internet but where he lives it doesn’t matter who you have, he just doesn’t get good signal for anything because he is kinda in a valley..

Comment

Try Viasat. They are not like the Hughes satellite crap. I've actually seen the Viasat work and works very well at lease for me it did.

Viasat's home satellite internet plans include unlimited data, fast speeds and no contracts. Get reliable and affordable internet from Viasat so you can connect to the world from wherever you live.

Comment

We have it outside of Weatherford. It’s pretty decent for microwave. We consistently get the speeds we pay for and for the most part it’s stable. I have their 30/5 business package.

You have to take what you can get when rural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Next Link is currently putting some towers up here in Fairfield and we are going to give them a shot. I have heard good things about them. We live 8 miles out of town, have gone through several other providers over the years and non of them have been worth a flip so we are going to give see what Next Link can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                Try Viasat. They are not like the Hughes satellite crap. I've actually seen the Viasat work and works very well at lease for me it did.

https://www.exede.com/plan-results/gold12/
                Keep them in mind, but currently they are unavailable in my area due to high demand

Comment

Had it in Ponder and loved it. Worked from home and had video conf as well as tv streaming with no issues.

Comment

Stay far away from Viasat. It's satellite bas3d just like all the other crap.
                    If you are using Nextlink for Wireless Internet, they are the best thing going in Texas currently.
                    They won the 280 million dollar grant for Texas.
                    There buildout is huge and they are expanding at a phenomenal rate.
                    They will own most of the small Wireless companies before its over.
                    Ive been doing contract work for them for awhile, and the biggest negative is customer service.
                    While not horrible, it could be better.
                    Growing pains more than anything, they will get there.
                    Also each area has different requirements if a tower is required.
                    Their techs are all over the place as far as what they think is safe.

Comment

I had them when I was in Weatherford and really didn't have any issues.
                      Last edited by 67olds442; 04-15-2020, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        We have it outside of Weatherford. It’s pretty decent for microwave. We consistently get the speeds we pay for and for the most part it’s stable. I have their 30/5 business package.

You have to take what you can get when rural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        That is the main thing, getting what you are paying for. I think if they can do it getting the 30/30 corporate package, little more pricey but better connection because it doesn’t share bandwidth with residential or small business plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post

https://www.exede.com/plan-results/gold12/
                          Might be great but $100 /month is a little steep compared to others.

Comment

What are y’all paying and for what service?

Our only option for internet and cable is Suddenlink. I hate them with a passion. Getting 400MB internet and bought my own good router and modem to get above 50. Seriously. I want to get rid of them.

Comment

Best they offer seems to be 100/50. For $170? That’s insanely high

Comment

Working...
                              X