Old hunting pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old hunting pics

Let’s see what you’ve got. Quarantine clean up around here this weekend and found these. One is my Great Grandma, she’s holding the rifle and touching the buck she shot. I have that 30-30 and the rack from that buck

The other is my Great Grandpa’s brother w/what he says is the largest bobcat ever taken in MN. 63lbs

Both pics were taken in 1946 on our family’s homestead land in northern Minnesota. The came over from Ireland and started a lumber camp up there. I have a bunch more from this era and earlier, will post more as I find em
    Attached Files

Very cool, that bobcat is a beast!!!!!!

Comment

very cool

Comment

Those are awesome pics.
        I found a YouTube channel back during hunting season where this guy goes to those hunting camps in Wisconsin but I believe he went to a few in Minnesota as well.
        He interviewed the old timers and shows a bunch of old pics like that

Comment

That’s cool.

Comment

Man those are neat. I’d love to have some photos of my old kinfolks, to go along with all the stories I grew up listening too!

Comment

I’ve got one of the old bear traps and some snow shoes of my great grandpa’s. Need to figure out how to put em on the wall and get all these pictures together.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                Man those are neat. I’d love to have some photos of my old kinfolks, to go along with all the stories I grew up listening too!
                I had never seen these pics before today. My dad has that buck up on the wall in his office and I’ve always heard the story that his grandpa (on the right in the photo) was ****** because her deer was bigger and the have a pic of both to prove it

And a million stories of that rifle, need to get the firing pin fixed and tax it out this season

Comment

Nice pics. Love them old pics. Could post a pic of the rifle and rack of the buck Granma kilt?

Comment

Awesome photos, thanks for the share!

Comment

Wow, this is a really cool find for you. Would love to see picture of your grandma's buck, it looks like a toad in that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Those are awesome pics.
                        I found a YouTube channel back during hunting season where this guy goes to those hunting camps in Wisconsin but I believe he went to a few in Minnesota as well.
                        He interviewed the old timers and shows a bunch of old pics like that
                        If you can remember the channel/title of videos I'd like to check that out

Comment

My Dad... early 70s I believe.. found this gem when he passed away.... a really good buddy had this made for me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by BoWayne View Post

My Dad... early 70s I believe.. found this gem when he passed away.... a really good buddy had this made for me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              That is a great pic, you sir look just like your Dad...

Comment

Working...
                              X