Collin County housing market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collin County housing market

Well, we missed out on another house last night that we put an offer in on. It's crazy how fast they are selling. This makes house #4 that we wanted and the first that we got an offer in before they quit taking offers. If anyone is getting ready to list, or knows of an upcoming house on an acre or more in the Collin County area, we are cash buyers, ready to purchase.

HAHA! I am with you! We live in far north Dallas. Looking to move to Plano..NADA...

Comment

Originally posted by BosqueTech View Post
      HAHA! I am with you! We live in far north Dallas. Looking to move to Plano..NADA...
      We're selling our house in the Mckinney subdivisions as soon as we close on a new one. Current comps are showing 4-7 days

Comment

Wide open right now. I'm in the utility business and right now is the most residential development I have seen in 37 years of doing this.

Comment

It’s a tough market to say the least. Are you only looking at resale? Lots of new home construction builders taking letters of interest then selling a few homes each month off of that list.

Comment

Good luck and be prepared to pay over asking price!

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
              It’s a tough market to say the least. Are you only looking at resale? Lots of new home construction builders taking letters of interest then selling a few homes each month off of that list.
              We really don't want new construction, the idea of living in a corn field for the next 3 years waiting on a tree to grow is no bueno LOL

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
              Good luck and be prepared to pay over asking price!
              Yup, we're offering over and adding every incentive we can think of

Comment

Good luck to ya'll looking to move to Collin County,
                personally would not live in Collin county if the house was given to me,, i drive 45 minutes to Mckinney daily, because of there Taxes, they are outrageous... only my opinion

Comment

A coworker just sold his house in Collin County and got $100k over list price. He said most all the offers were around $20k over list and one guy said he was sick of losing houses to other contracts and was paying $100k over to get it. Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                    Good luck to ya'll looking to move to Collin County,
                    personally would not live in Collin county if the house was given to me,, i drive 45 minutes to Mckinney daily, because of there Taxes, they are outrageous... only my opinion
                    Ya, it's definitely on the high end here for sure. But as often as we're in Mckinney for church and jiu jitsu we can't do the 45 min commute

Comment

You’re doing right by beating the streets - pretty sure that’s the only way these days. EVERYTHING is nuts. We are in Prosper, and it’s insane right now.

Have no idea what price points you’re looking at. There have been some lots come available in established older neighborhoods around downtown Celina and Prosper.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        A coworker just sold his house in Collin County and got $100k over list price. He said most all the offers were around $20k over list and one guy said he was sick of losing houses to other contracts and was paying $100k over to get it. Crazy
                        Im crossing my fingers that we find that guy when it gets time to sell ours

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                          You’re doing right by beating the streets - pretty sure that’s the only way these days. EVERYTHING is nuts. We are in Prosper, and it’s insane right now.

Have no idea what price points you’re looking at. There have been some lots come available in established older neighborhoods around downtown Celina and Prosper.
                          We tossed around the idea of building, but finding a rental right now is pretty much impossible with 2 kids and 3 dogs. We're offering on another place later today, no offers in 2 days on it, but I'm pretty sure us and everyone else was just waiting to miss the one from this morning before jumping on the next one

Comment

I laugh at the people who sell because they can make so much money.

Keep in mind the cost to build is the highest its ever been, and this same sellers market makes it equally tough on the buyers market in terms of price/making money

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

My buddy bought a new build 3 years ago in Star Trail at $545k, listed this month at $725k and sold for $805k to an out of state buyer that had gotten tired of missing out on deals. Waived appraisal and gave them a free lease back on top of it. Outrageous!

OP I’m in the industry and live in Prosper. I will keep my eyes open for resale.

Comment

Working...
                              X