No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did 4 days in the Bitterroot last week. Lots of smoke and the water is down. Beats being in South Texas in August

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
      Just finished the 3rd day in Erwin, ID on the South Fork. Got lucky yesterday and landed a monster Brown. Looks like it ties the State catch and release record for brownies. 30” on the dot. That is the third year in a row our group has boated a 30” fish. The Lodge at Palisades Creek and their staff are amazing.
      Please tell me he ate a streamer!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Who are you fishing with?
        Wanted to follow up and see if you knew of other guides in the Joe/CDA area? Trip is fast approaching and information on the fire does not look promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigem2019 View Post
          Wanted to follow up and see if you knew of other guides in the Joe/CDA area? Trip is fast approaching and information on the fire does not look promising.
          We booked through Silver Bow Fly Shop.

Spokane River - Bjorn Ostby (he was a school teacher, so not sure when he goes back to school - 509-290-2931

St. Joe River - Michael Laughlin - 913-980-2859

We really enjoyed both rivers. I think the Spokane River was a hidden gem with good fish right out of downtown Spokane.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
              Just finished the 3rd day in Erwin, ID on the South Fork. Got lucky yesterday and landed a monster Brown. Looks like it ties the State catch and release record for brownies. 30” on the dot. That is the third year in a row our group has boated a 30” fish. The Lodge at Palisades Creek and their staff are amazing.
              Holy H e l l !!!

Comment

^^^ good gravy!

Comment

I am going to fish with Taos Fly Shop the day before my elk hunt starts. We are planning an float trip, so hopefully the conditions are good for it.

Comment

Jim (keep) and I just got back from Idaho. 3 days on the South Fork and we did pretty well. Day 2 and 3 we started before sunup on the Mutant Stone Fly hatch with dries and violent top water eats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5548.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	24660869

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My family and myself were supposed to go camping along the Frying Pan River east of Basalt Colorado but the mudslides made us call an audible. Decided to head to the black hills to camp. Luckily found an area to set the tent because Sturgis was going on. Found us an area to fish in Custer State Park. 3 mile trail along the stream with 5 or 6 dams in the creek making little reservoirs. Caught unknown amount of rainbows. It was north of 20 each. Would definitely go back but would suggest going outside of the bike rally.
                      Pics are via Tapatalk. Hopefully they are not huge.

Last edited by bloodstick; 08-25-2021, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                        My family and myself were supposed to go camping along the Frying Pan River east of Basalt Colorado but the mudslides made us call an audible. Decided to head to the black hills to camp. Luckily found an area to set the tent because Sturgis was going on. Found us an area to fish in Custer State Park. 3 mile trail along the stream with 5 or 6 dams in the creek making little reservoirs.
                        Nice! Was this near Sylvan Lake? I go through Custer SP every summer when we’re there but not familiar with that particular creek.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                          Nice! Was this near Sylvan Lake? I go through Custer SP every summer when we’re there but not familiar with that particular creek.

Go down 16A to Grace Coolidge Creek. On the north side of the road is where the parking is for the hike in area. The creek is in between two tall rock bluffs. Beautiful scenery. The creek runs south from Center Lake down the trailhead back to the highway. We parked and fished upstream. Some of those holes have 20” fish in them but i reckon they have seen a few amateurs. The 10-15” trout were biting literally all day no matter the sun/shade situation.

Comment

Great info, thank you. Glad you had a good time. I usually fish rapid creek and spearfish canyon when I’m there.

Last edited by Mountaineer; 08-25-2021, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I know it is a long shot but, I am searching for an Abel TR2 with black spool and gold body (Made in USA). If you happen to have one you can part with let me know so my 5wt will stop being jealous of my 3wt.

Michael

Comment

Threw all of my stuff into storage for our house move, been itching to get back on some carp with the 6 wt. Fun stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X