How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
    Just finished the 3rd day in Erwin, ID on the South Fork. Got lucky yesterday and landed a monster Brown. Looks like it ties the State catch and release record for brownies. 30” on the dot. That is the third year in a row our group has boated a 30” fish. The Lodge at Palisades Creek and their staff are amazing.

DANGGGG that’s the brown of a lifetime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, impressive Amigo

Comment

Just finished the 3rd day in Erwin, ID on the South Fork. Got lucky yesterday and landed a monster Brown. Looks like it ties the State catch and release record for brownies. 30” on the dot. That is the third year in a row our group has boated a 30” fish. The Lodge at Palisades Creek and their staff are amazing.

Amazing congrats!

Comment

Thanks!

As you can see from the photo above the fishing remains very good on the South Fork of the Snake. That is guide Josh Heilson with a client caught 30″ Brown! Recent rain and cloudy weather have kept the bugs hatching and the fish active.  Several of our guides reported excellent streamer fishing on cloudy […]

Comment

What an incredible fish! Huge congrats on that one

Comment

WOWZERZ! Fish of a lifetime. Well done.

Comment

Wow! That would have been a great fight. 5wt or 6wt? I caught a decent rainbow on the Cimarron a couple days ago that would have just been a snack for that beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                  Wow! That would have been a great fight. 5wt or 6wt? I caught a decent rainbow on the Cimarron a couple days ago that would have just been a snack for that beast.
                  That was a 6 wt since the flows out of the dam were around 16000 cfs and
                  we were using deeper indicator/nymphs. Sure glad it was on that rod instead of the 5 we were using for dry droppers.

Comment

Awesome. I’ve caught steelhead smaller than that thing on a 6wt and that was a workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good lawd! I was there last Thursday and fished out of Conant. Had a good day but no big browns. My streamer game wasn’t working. That thing is a beast! Lodge at Palisades has the best guides on that river.

Comment

Have a trip booked to fish the st. Joe in Idaho first week of September. Got a call from the guide forrest fires have shut down his access to the river. Hoping with fingers crossed that our trip does not get cancelled, have been looking forward to this for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigem2019 View Post
                          Have a trip booked to fish the st. Joe in Idaho first week of September. Got a call from the guide forrest fires have shut down his access to the river. Hoping with fingers crossed that our trip does not get cancelled, have been looking forward to this for months.
                          Who are you fishing with?

Comment

wow

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              Who are you fishing with?
                              Nick Brown with Rocky Run Outfitters

Comment

Got back from Colorado the other day. Caught some nice Browns on the Rio. Tried fishing the Arkansas one day in Canon City but it was roaring and chocolate brown from some big rains. Only managed one rainbow there.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X