Help me decide on this deer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me decide on this deer.

I think this is probably the same deer base on the frame and such but could always be wrong. The story starts 2 years ago. That November I got some pictures of a really nice 3 1/2 year old buck. Big frame and had some length to him. Then just as quick as he appeared he left. I kind of assumed someone shot him. The came last November. I started getting pictures of him again. I did not connect the the dots of being the same deer. I thought this big framed sucker was 5 1/2. Looking back I think he was 4 1/2. Just like before he disappeared as quick as he appeared. While I had some daytime pictures of him you can see him best in this night picture.

I spend a good amount of time this year doing my best to track this sucker down. I have identified his core areas. I now have 2 feeders that he is hitting but I was defeated when I saw the first picture of him this year. While he has blown up he has also damaged on side. I was talking to a friend of mine and said I would probably let this deer go this year as I think he has a decent chance to survive the season if I do not shoot him. My buddy thinks I am nuts. What does the green screen say? Here are some pictures from this year.

-john

John, if you get the chance, shoot one of his antlers off. That way, hopefully, no one else will want to shoot him. Get him next year.

Comment

Oh man.... I wouldn’t know what to do. He’s a freaking stud and I can’t imagine what he’d blossom into next year

Comment

Pass for sure. If you shoot him you'll regret it forever, if someone else kills him you'll wish you had but not in the same way as if you did it. At least that's the way I'd feel about it.

Comment

I’d let him go until next year and hunt hard before the rut.

Comment

No way I'd shoot him being broke off like that. There is a decent chance that other hunters feel the same way. If you have his home turn, I say pass and pray he makes it. He is already a whooper, another year can't hurt.

Comment

Why not just let him breed again this year. You seem to have him patterned pretty well but there is always that one guy that is not a trophy hunter!!

Comment

I would let him go. He made it this far while he was a stud. Pretty good odds he makes it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                  John, if you get the chance, shoot one of his antlers off. That way, hopefully, no one else will want to shoot him. Get him next year.
                  This is what our biologist told us...........

Comment

Shoot him

Comment

Can’t wait to see him next year

Comment

If you got to think twice about shooting him you'll probably be disappointed if you kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          This is what our biologist told us...........

With a straight face?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If your asking. Your not gonna shoot him.

Comment

Pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X