I gotta vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta vent

This one surprised me. So, back before the virus came to Texas I met an old vet at a car wash. Long story short he started talking about hunting and I showed him a few of my pictures. He explained how much he’d LIVE to shoot an axis so, I decided I’d invite him on a free hunt for one. He was shocked, seemed like a great old dude and we made plans to keep in touch as the season wore on and I got a chance to go up there and take him.

Obviously I haven’t had much time for anything but kept in touch about once a month. Last week I get a text from him saying “Jokes on me.....I told all my family and friends about what a nice person you were but you’re NOT.....In the future you should be a better person!”

I was DUMBFOUNDED! So I wrote him back and explained “dude, I work 7 days a week and haven’t even been up there myself to hunt since February”.

No response.

So today I wrote and basically said “the person needing to better themselves is you”.

He wrote “you win.....goodbye”

What the.......ugh. It only makes me not want to be generous when I come across people like that. I don’t know a better way to have handled it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't let one offended idiot change you.

Comment

Well that sux.

I'd never do you like that.

Comment

If it were me I'd still take him. You never know what's happened or happening in someone's life. You could be the one to change his outlook on people and life in general!

Comment

I would never do you that way.

Comment

His loss. I volunteer as tribute!

If that dude is that upset about a generous offer that wouldn't have cost him anything it seems he was looking for a handout. You are better off.

Comment

I like axis meat, and I won't be an asshat!

Comment

Unfortunate

Comment

Some people suck, its that simple

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
                    If it were me I'd still take him. You never know what's happened or happening in someone's life. You could be the one to change his outlook on people and life in general!
                    This, someone has told him something or he could be confused. Prove him wrong.

Comment

You'd be amazed how often this happens to me with alligator hunts. On my family property I only take friends or hunts that I have donated to charitable causes, don't take/make/ask for a single penny. Each year I have a couple friends who see my pictures and about half way through season will invite themselves and I tell them, if I have extra tags then you are welcome to come. Sometimes I run out of tags then tell them they can come next year, they're always upset like I let them down, even though it shouldn't, it bothers me.

Then comes the following year, when I have the extra tag for them and they ask when we are going. I give them an option and ask what they want to get done with the gator. Then they go on to say they don't want to do anything with it, just shoot it, take a picture with it and maybe save the head. "You can keep the rest and sell it to the guy who buys the gators", is what is always said to me. Gator prices are almost none existent now, so it's not worth it to me. Then comes a whole other round of guilt trips for not bringing them even though they don't wanna keep it and they don't understand the difference because the gator technically isn't being wasted.

Moral of the story, You can't please everyone.

Comment

Be thankful his true side came out early!! I wouldn't let the guy steal one more ounce of your joy.

Comment

That’s terrible! He obviously got his hopes up and was excited, and thought you had forgotten or wasn’t serious about the deal. That’s a kind and generous offer, too bad it turned sour. Sure doesn’t excuse his behavior!

Comment

I'm an old vet and I've never killed an Axis either.

Comment

Sounds like you ran into my “ uncle “ hank , 10 years in a row invited to the ranch and he said it was to far to drive , well finally the invitation was canceled

Comment

Working...
                              X