Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need a Dog Intervention or is my house haunted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear this, hurts to lose a good dog, they're like family.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
      Sorry for your loss.

Curious, did other hallways bother her? A vestibular problem might cause it.
      No, not at all. We felt she might have hung a toe nail in the piece of trim woodwork separating the wood floor from our bedroom carpet and subsequently associated the area in question with pain. Idk.

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
      Sorry to hear. If this thread is any indicator, I'd say she had a way of entertaining.
      Yes, neurological disorders and all....she was a hoot. Funny habit she developed about the last year or so. She aways stood at the back door to let you know she needed to go outside to do her business. When you opened the door, she would turn around and walk “backwards” outside. Every single time! Never EVER would she walk forward...only backwards. She would walk back inside the house forward though. It was the strangest thing. 🤔🤔

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

We have a Schnauzer as well, who later in life, did similar things around certain parts of the house. As his sight deteriorated, corners and shadows, off to his sides, caused him to fear parts of the house with those characteristics.

Comment

Sorry Joel. My girl is 13.5 now and Im going to miss her something fierce when it's her time to go.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Joel. Don’t know how I missed this thread.

My lab just turned 13. When let outside she always laid under one of our trucks but usually right at the door we let her out of. About a month ago she started laying by the back door. She will not stay in the front anymore. Wife and I can’t figure out what’s up with her. It’s like she’s scared to be where she has always been since she was born. Weird

Comment

I hate that this entertaining thread made its way back to the top because you lost your old pup.
              It's hard losing a loved pet for sure....sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, bro.

Be careful with that saging if you profess to be a Christian. I also dated a self proclaimed witch who practiced wiccan a few years ago before I really came to know the Lord. Witchcraft is real and is practiced by more people than you'd ever guess. I was around it, I have saged my house before, and I have been on wiccan retreats. It's not just the weirdos of the world, there were some quite normal looking people there too. I believe that it can work, but I also believe that it's a direct abomination to God. Saging can work for sure, but God is very clear about using witchcraft. And absence of God and Christ leaves a hole to fill with less pure things. Research it if you want, but it's something that won't happen in my house anymore. A better solution is prayer or anointing with oil, as these are both holy ways of cleansing your home.

Or just getting rid of the snake.

Sorry for the loss of your dog man. I've got a pup that's coming up on 9 years old and she's been my best friend through a whole lot of life changes. Can't imagine the day that it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  No, not at all. We felt she might have hung a toe nail in the piece of trim woodwork separating the wood floor from our bedroom carpet and subsequently associated the area in question with pain. Idk.

I bet something like that happened. Or running wide open and slid into the wall/corner and thought something reached out and hit her, instead of her hitting it.

Sorry about Cookie. Hard to lose those 4 legged friends.

Comment

Dang. I opened this up thinking it would be another funny update.

Sorry for the loss.

Comment

I'm sorry you lost your dog. I know how much it hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

Yes, neurological disorders and all....she was a hoot. Funny habit she developed about the last year or so. She aways stood at the back door to let you know she needed to go outside to do her business. When you opened the door, she would turn around and walk “backwards” outside. Every single time! Never EVER would she walk forward...only backwards. She would walk back inside the house forward though. It was the strangest thing. 🤔🤔
                        Lol!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the loss of all your ankle biters. I lost my Aussie of 14 years last November and it still hurts to think about it.

I completely missed this thread years ago, you got some funny theories out of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X