No announcement yet.

Accurate production rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my Ruger American...shoots lights out for 1/2 the price.

Comment

Accurate production rifle

If you can the older Remmy 5R Tact rifles with the 20” tubes they are stupid accurate. Mines a 0.50MOA gun all day long with or without a can.

5 shot group at 100yds. Shots 6 and 7 centered after adjustment.
      Last edited by joel45acp; 03-23-2021, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Love my Tikka T3X TACT A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor

Tikka is able to meet the requirements of modern hunters by combining traditional gunsmith know-how with advanced technology. Choose your own Tikka rifle now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think today there are a ton of "cheap" factory rifles that shoot lights out right out of the box just pick what you like best and go. Weatherby, Howa, Tikka, Bergara, Browning, Savage, Ruger, CZ just handle a couple and pick what you like best.

My $450 weatherby vanguard s2 shoots better than i do, my dad has the scheels bergara and that thing is awesome, I think it was around $800? These days no reason to max that budget unless you want to, save some and buy a better scope

Comment

Tikka

Comment

The Mauser M18 is available in 6.5 PRC and gives a 5 shot 1MOA guarantee. Eurooptics had them for about $500 recently.

Comment

Tikka T3x Lite Roughtech in 6.5PRC but at this time is hard to find.

Comment

FYI the Weatherby Vanguard is made by Howa. It is the same rifle as Howa 1500 with Weatherby badging and maybe a tad prettier. Howa will cost less since you aren't paying for the Weatherby name but they both shoot the same.
                  Funny how those cheap Howas and Savages out shoot rifles that cost 3 or 4 times as much if you can get past the UGLY.

Comment

Tikka for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
                      Tikka T3x Lite Roughtech in 6.5PRC but at this time is hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                        Tikka

Have they redesigned their magazines? I had a Tikka tactical .308 that shot great, but it felt terrible in my hands and felt cheap (factory stock). My biggest complaint was the magazines coming apart and losing my ammo in the woods. This happened to me with multiple magazines, just walking to/from the stand. I lost the bottom half of 2 different magazines while walking back from the stand after dark.

Comment

If I was looking to mountain hunt with it I’d look at the Tikka. They’re available in a range of weights from 6ish lbs to a few lbs heavier. If I was just planning on Texas blind hunting, etc then I’d stick with Bergara. The Bergara is based on a Remington 700 pattern, and will arguably have the largest aftermarket support. They don’t make any “lightweight” rifles, but they do make plenty in the 7.5-9 lb range which is perfectly acceptable for most Texas hunting conditions. It’s also more pleasant to shoot at the range etc. Either rifle will meet or exceed your accuracy expectations and are well built.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            FYI the Weatherby Vanguard is made by Howa. It is the same rifle as Howa 1500 with Weatherby badging and maybe a tad prettier. Howa will cost less since you aren't paying for the Weatherby name but they both shoot the same.
                            Funny how those cheap Howas and Savages out shoot rifles that cost 3 or 4 times as much if you can get past the UGLY.
                            My dad has a Weatherby in 243 and it shoots better than he can.

Comment

My last rifle purchase several months ago was a Tikka T3x Superlite in 243 Win.

I have been extremely happy with this rifle at the price point they are in. I worked up a great load for it and topped it with Leupold 4.5-14 40mm CDS.

I will highly recommend Tikka rifles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The new rifles all seem more consistently accurate than just a few years ago. Accuracy does not seem dependent on price point. Comes down more to how each rifle fits you and how you shoot. I have been toying with buying a new rifle myself and agree that Sheels is a great place to go to feel fit, smoothness of action and weight of guns.

Comment

Working...
                                X