No announcement yet.

Put my buddy down today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had a dog that truly bonded to me like the one I have now. It's the mama to DUKFVR's pup. I don't know what I'll do when the time come's but she's slowed down a lot in the past year. I kept a pup from the litter that DUKFVR got his current pup from and we bred her back to a littermate of my girl. Keep trying to get a copy or as close to as my old dog, but some dogs seem like they're just special. Will be a sad day for me, and I don't look forward to it, so I feel your pain brother. My son has worked with the new dog(he's a male) and a great dog. Great blood line. My girl, has just been the BEST dog I have ever owned, and I've never seen another like her. It will be a sad, sad day.
    Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03-20-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I've got no advice on how to move on because my best fur friend is still alive and I dread the day he goes. I will be crushed but I know that's when I'll need to rely on my wife and kids for support.

Comment

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I feel your pain as we had to put my Rottie down on the 11th.

Comment

That’s a bad deal...prayers for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went through this recently... next time just put me down instead...

Comment

Sorry to hear this about Jake. Dig out those old pics of Jake and know he will always be with you in your heart. Fill up your time with your sons and your other dog. You will miss Jake every day, but it will get better after some time. Like others have said, you will know when it feels right to get another dog.

Comment

Tough time for sure. I don’t want to even go there. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Time brother. It's been my experience that you don't pick them, they pick you. After I buried my last one, I couldn't even think about another one. About 8 months later a stray wandered up while I was cutting hay. He hung around all day by the truck and even ate lunch with me when I shut down for a break. Next thing i knew, he was headed to the house with me. Been here ever since.

Sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. And yea time heals but I don’t think you ever get over a great dog. After loosing my chocolate lab I didn’t want another dog for several years. Finally I was ready. Loosing a good dog is excruciating, worse than loosing humans for me. I blubbered like a baby when digging her grave then again putting the dirt back on top of her, and tearing up again now thinking about it. They say you get one amazing dog in your life and for me she was it. Yea we have had several dogs but none like her.

Comment

Sorry brother, i have done two best friends in my life, not doing anymore.

Comment

Very sorry, I know the pain.

Can't remember a time in my life I didn't have a dog- usually two or three. I do remember every time I had to put one down. It always seems to be one of the worst times of my life. But I can't imagine letting that sway me from getting another. Every one I've had was different- like people- but every one gives everything.

I know it's hard, but think of the dogs out there that need a loving home, a person to give that love to. They never replace what you lost, but they bring a new and wonderful thing to your life.

Give yourself a little time if you need it, but every dog will bring you new life, love, and memories.

I recently lost the one in my avatar. She was not only my dog, but my partner (third partner). I still haven't completely recovered- but the memories will last forever.

Deepest condolences.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            Went through this recently... next time just put me down instead...
                            This for sure

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
                              Very sorry, I know the pain.

Can't remember a time in my life I didn't have a dog- usually two or three. I do remember every time I had to put one down. It always seems to be one of the worst times of my life. But I can't imagine letting that sway me from getting another. Every one I've had was different- like people- but every one gives everything.

I know it's hard, but think of the dogs out there that need a loving home, a person to give that love to. They never replace what you lost, but they bring a new and wonderful thing to your life.

Give yourself a little time if you need it, but every dog will bring you new life, love, and memories.

I recently lost the one in my avatar. She was not only my dog, but my partner (third partner). I still haven't completely recovered- but the memories will last forever.

Deepest condolences.
                              Thank you, and I’m sorry for your recent loss as well. Your thoughts are what I keep telling myself. 13 years of great memories can’t be forgotten about compared to this now.

There are tons of other great dogs out there that deserve to have a home, and eventually I’m sure I’ll be ready again.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I’ve buried my share over the years and it never gets any easier. They are the best of friends and family. Hang in there man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X