No announcement yet.

Bluebonnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put out $150 of seed on my place last fall. So far I had ONE come up in December. Now it's gone. Frustrating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie13 View Post
      I dont think the week long freeze did anything to them, everything around my house usually is just barely starting to form buds mid february, especially my peach trees and bluebonnets, but neither even put on new growth leading up to the freeze. I think its just a late year for plants, the first snow/freeze we had in january might have kept them dormant a bit longer than normal and that might have actually saved some from the second freeze.
      I think you're right on it being a late year for plants, which would make sense given the weather we've seen. My peach tree keeps budding out in late January each year. Really frustrating. The last time we had a good peach crop was 2017, but the pear and apple trees have not disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
        Anybody seeing any?

Yesterday we made a trip over to Inks, and typically this time of year they're all over the place. We didn't see a single wildflower and it had me curious, did the extreme cold have any effect? Curious what everybody else is seeing.
        They are coming up fast and furious in the field in front of my house. About 4-6" tall at this point.

Comment

Seen a few in Huntsville today

Comment

Saw 'em along 1604 in NE San Antonio today

Comment

Tons of them in Washington county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bluebonnets

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                Anybody seeing any?

Yesterday we made a trip over to Inks, and typically this time of year they're all over the place. We didn't see a single wildflower and it had me curious, did the extreme cold have any effect? Curious what everybody else is seeing.
                Went to our place in Llano this weekend and saw lots of BBS and a few Indian paintbrushes.

Comment

Bluebonnets

April 1st is usually prime time.

Comment

When we lived in Circle C down in Austin, that whole area was covered up in them. My guess is now that they have developed all of that are there are not that many anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X