Sony a7s3 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony a7s3 Questions

I just bought the a7s3 body along with a 24-105 f4 Sony lens for close up stills and recovery pictures. I currently have the a7s and a sony 70-200 2.8 lens which I have used for the past 2 years and absolutely love it. The 240fps slow mow shots I have been watching from Michael helped me decide to bite the bullet and upgrade.

I was curious which SD card to use for filming 240fps and which format to use along with where to get Sony batteries because I could not find them on B&H.

I have a Sony 28mm f2 lens I plan on selling if anyone is interested, it takes great recovery pictures but since it cannot zoom its a pain to readjust the camera to frame your pictures.

I love watching deer, they are all so unique.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very nice! Enjoy the new rig. That 24-105 is a great lens. Three year Sony user here and counting.

Best Buy appears to have them and Precision Camera in Austin. I would think maybe Houston Camera Exchange would have them as well. Must be an export thing for lack of. I have bought things through Greentoe.com and one of their retailers is Cardinal Camera. I have never had a complaint about anything received from them. I'm needing a couple of new ones also. I have 8 that I use between 2 cameras but I think some of them have seen better days.

Comment

Usually snag our batteries from bestbuy

SD card is the San Disk Extreme PRO line up but have also heard good things about Sony's card just never seem to run into them

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
        Very nice! Enjoy the new rig. That 24-105 is a great lens. Three year Sony user here and counting.

Best Buy appears to have them and Precision Camera in Austin. I would think maybe Houston Camera Exchange would have them as well. Must be an export thing for lack of. I have bought things through Greentoe.com and one of their retailers is Cardinal Camera. I have never had a complaint about anything received from them. I'm needing a couple of new ones also. I have 8 that I use between 2 cameras but I think some of them have seen better days.
        I appreciate the info!

Comment

I replied to your PM about the cards. Posting here so it comes up on my participated list and I can follow. You’ll really enjoy the SIII! Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I replied to your PM about the cards. Posting here so it comes up on my participated list and I can follow. You’ll really enjoy the SIII! Looking forward to seeing it in action.

I appreciate it! What is your iso typically at when you are shooting in 240fps wity a shutter speed around 1/500?

Comment

I finally got it in this weekend, now time to learn the menu

Comment

Sony a7s3 Questions

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                I appreciate it! What is your iso typically at when you are shooting in 240fps wity a shutter speed around 1/500?

I try to adhere to the 180 deg shutter angle, so my shutter at 240 fps is generally 1/500. I normally keep the aperture pretty wide open in most cases. I have S&Q setting with these parameters with initial ISO set to auto. This allow for a quick starting setup when things are happening fast.

Last edited by Michael; 06-14-2021, 08:32 PM.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                  I finally got it in this weekend, now time to learn the menu

What a great looking rig!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I try to adhere to the 180 deg shutter angle, so my shutter at 240 fps is generally 1/500. I normally keep the aperture pretty wide open in most cases. I have S&Q setting with these parameters with initial ISO set to auto. This allow for a quick starting setup when things are happening fast.

Thank you, what format and bit rate are you recording in and when its in S&Q mode it does not record audio, correct?

Comment

I typically record in XAVC-HS and always at the highest bitrate available,

There is no audio in S&Q mode. I run an external recorder (Instamic or Tascam DR10L) for audio (or audio backup).

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I typically record in XAVC-HS and always at the highest bitrate available,

There is no audio in S&Q mode. I run an external recorder (Instamic or Tascam DR10L) for audio (or audio backup).

Thank you for the info. I decided to return my f4 24-105 and go ahead and get the 2.8 24-70 since I hunt at night a lot of will probably regret it if I didn't get the 2.8 for closer stuff. I will definitely be picking your brain a lot because this camera is a lot more complex than my old a7s

Comment

Hit me up anytime!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Hit me up anytime!

I think I figured out why I'm having trouble with 240fps. I'm using a sony tough v90 card that is a sdhc and I need to be using a v90 sdxc card which is what the prograde one is that I just got in today along with the $400 cfexpress type a card that hopefully I do not need to use

Comment

Grandson just receives a A7RIII
                              Can anyone suggest a good printed users guide
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X