Krivoman & a 64" Recurve ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried shooting while sitting in a chair out of a standard Krivoman blind using a looong recurve ? Thinking the bottom limb might hit the floor, lol.The blind is on a 4' tower.

I'm gonna try it tomorrow. If it looks like it won't work, I'll just sit on the side of the steps at the back and try off the ground.

It'll be 1st attempt w a recurve since a rabbit back in the mid 90s!

Targeting swine!

I can shoot mine seated in a Krivo. Find an office chair that sits up pretty high. Make sure you don’t have the bow hanger hook by the ceiling vent. I had to remove that hook to be able to shoot.

Comment

First of all, do you cant your bow or hold it with top limb at 12 o'clock? I customized a stool to put me at a height where the arrow will just clear the bottom of the window frame on a 10 yard shot - which is as close as I can shoot because of the brush in front of the blind.

Comment

Level ground I can shoot a 62" bow without issue. Elevated I have to be sure I'm against the back wall or the top limb will hit the roof and backstrap my target buck.[emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m 6’4” and shoot a 64” recurve. I sat in a buddies and it was a nice blind but I found it a little tight. I didn’t shoot. I drew and practiced and I was a little iffy on whether or not I would take the shot if needed. That said if I had one I think I could dig the floor out and have the right sized chair for me. Very good blinds.

Comment

I own 4 Krivoman blinds, and they are a dream to shoot out of with my 64” longbow.

But…………my blinds don’t have the factory windows that Mitch puts in his. Those are too high for my liking. I bought shells with no windows, and cut the holes where I wanted them.

The bottom of my windows is way lower than the fancy glass windows that Mitch puts in his finished blinds. I think the bottom of mine are 20” from the ground (but I’d have to go measure to be absolutely sure).

The more you elevate it, the harder it becomes to shoot trad bows out of without hitting the blind on release. Also, like stated above, if you shoot straight up and down, that makes it easier to have clearance issues. All you can do is get in your blind and see if it will work for you.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by Bisch; 07-13-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I have first hand knowledge! That’s what happens when you try to shoot a deer at 10yds from an elevated (8ft) Krivoman blind with standard windows with a trad bow!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

I have first hand knowledge! That’s what happens when you try to shoot a deer at 10yds from an elevated (8ft) Krivoman blind with standard windows with a trad bow!

Bisch

[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Comment

all of them are the older blinds with the 10x18 windows. New blinds have 12x24 windows so no clearance with bottom of the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

I have hunted out of that blind. There is definitely a hole that won't buff out!

Full disclosure, I missed a shot and struck the feeder leg on the left. Kind of broke on me. 😆

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                      all of them are the older blinds with the 10x18 windows. New blinds have 12x24 windows so no clearance with bottom of the window.
                      Mitch you put some of the longer windows in one of mine. (Old style blinds) They work better for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X