Swordfish Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
    You can also have them sent off and painted or carved. Put it on the wall. Google it. I think you'd like that.

I need to catch one for my wall…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      That's it - isn't is called "Clear Volume 40" or something like that?
      Yes, I believe that’s what’s it is called.

Comment

I’ve seen em thrown in a big bait pen the bait will have em picked clean in no time

Comment

Sword

Another sword out of Freeport Texas a couple weeks ago.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sword bill prep

I found an under the bed storage container and decided to try it with some degreaser.
            Attached Files

Comment

sword bill prep

2 weeks into it and it appears to be working. I am amazed at the amount of oil that is in this Bill.
              Attached Files

Comment

Simmer it in water dawn and baking soda( keep the water fresh) , it a whole lot faster.

Comment

go to the pool supply store once you get all the oil out and buy a product called Aqua Silk.
                  Its peroxide its better than the beauty supply stuff. it will have it white and awesome looking in no time.

You can also add bricks to the tub you are using to fill in the space so you can have less Volume that you have to fill each time.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    Simmer it in water dawn and baking soda( keep the water fresh) , it a whole lot faster.
                    thanks for the advice!!!

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                      go to the pool supply store once you get all the oil out and buy a product called Aqua Silk.
                      Its peroxide its better than the beauty supply stuff. it will have it white and awesome looking in no time.

You can also add bricks to the tub you are using to fill in the space so you can have less Volume that you have to fill each time.
                      Thanks for the advice!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post

Good idea on the bricks but I use 2 liter plastic soda bottles filled with water or something. Take the labels off. Bricks soak up some of the solution and who has clean bricks. Seems all I always have is dirty bricks laying around. Just another option as we learn from each other

Aqua Silk is 27% hydrogen peroxide in a 20% solution

Comment

Originally posted by WildThings View Post
                          Good idea on the bricks but I use 2 liter plastic soda bottles filled with water or something. Take the labels off. Bricks soak up some of the solution and who has clean bricks. Seems all I always have is dirty bricks laying around. Just another option as we learn from each other

Aqua Silk is 27% hydrogen peroxide in a 20% solution
                          I like the bottle Idea. I never do enough to worry about it soaking up. Just a few a year and its for me. I love Aqua Silk. Larger bottle and cleans them up quick. Beats the heck out of lots of little bottles and painting on the paste does not get into all the cracks. I keep all the nasal bones so it takes time to clean and not lose those.

Comment

This
                            Originally posted by WildThings View Post
                            warm water and dawn liquid soap - let it soak. change water out every week till no more oil shows in the water. Then numerous clean water rinses to get rid of all the soap. Let it dry. If you want to whiten it then use peroxide not bleach

Comment

Working...
                            X