Limb fell damaged vehicle????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limb fell damaged vehicle????

As title said. Large limb just fell on vehicle parked at the Air BnB we are staying at. I know there are some insurance folks on here. Is this something I call my insurance company or is it going to be property owner’s insurance. Thanks

Definitely have Property owners call their insurance. I can’t remember for sure but I believe their liability policy would cover that. Especially a commercial policy which I would think they would have

Comment

Was it caused by a storm or did it just fall off the tree?

Comment

You wanna get paid in a timely manner? File it on your insurance.

Comment

Act of God or negligence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The property owner's home policy should cover it. A horse caved in a quarter panel on my truck a few years ago and their homeowner's policy covered it.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
              The property owner's home policy should cover it. A horse caved in a quarter panel on my truck a few years ago and their homeowner's policy covered it.
              I would think, or hope, the property owner's policy would cover this as well.

Comment

To answer the question its of no fault of property owner. He has 100 acres and several cabins around property and its a wedding venue. Limb just happened to fall on vehicle overnight. We just happened to park in right place

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  To answer the question its of no fault of property owner. He has 100 acres and several cabins around property and its a wedding venue. Limb just happened to fall on vehicle overnight. We just happened to park in right place
                  If they aren't negligent, it's going to be your auto insurance.

If they knew the branch was dangerous and a liability, then potentially theirs would cover it. You would have to establish that they knew it was a hazard.

If it fell because of a peril like wind or rain, your auto will be primary.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                    If they aren't negligent, it's going to be your auto insurance.

If they knew the branch was dangerous and a liability, then potentially theirs would cover it. You would have to establish that they knew it was a hazard.

If it fell because of a peril like wind or rain, your auto will be primary.
                    Yup. Well, this is the case if you are back in Texas. Likely similar provisions elsewhere. "Damages caused by an act of God are not ordinarily chargeable to anyone." In Texas we apparently blame God for fallen trees/limbs. .
                    Last edited by RR 314; 06-07-2021, 08:04 AM. Reason: We

Comment

if tree was dead and a hazard the property owner is liable. if it was a green and healthy tree you will need to file on your Auto policy.

Comment

I would just call my auto insurance, let them sort it out. Take lots of photos.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          It'll be on your car insurance, Glen. Only way property owner would be liable is if the limb was rotted or broken and just about to fall and the property owner knew about it and didn't do anything about it, etc...

Comment

Got it handled. Thanks. Its kinda strange but first time I have not had Home Insurance. We only have vehicle insurance right now

Comment

Being homeless is a different experience.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X