Toxic waste/ Superfund sites flooded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toxic waste/ Superfund sites flooded

I've been following the posts on TBH and praying for the people flooded by Harvey, and those driving there to help with rescues and clean up.

I saw this article on all the toxic waste sites that were flooded, and that the EPA has not yet begun looking into the damage and health affects. There's not been much discussion of this on TBH.

My last job as a chemist included sampling at toxic waste and Superfund sites, and I remember April 30, 1980 hearing a voice in my mind telling me to get out of that line of work and go into sales (I'm not joking, I'm serious and 37 years later still remember).

Please be careful. God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCEQ is monitoring each site and is relaying information to EPA. Some sites are being monitored by air until the water recedes to allow personnel in to conduct inspection and sampling.

Comment

The EPA's response to the AP article: https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa...sleading-story

I don't know who has a worse reputation and is less believable, the AP/media, or the EPA.

Comment

San jacinto waste pits are my biggest concern. They have tainted all the fish in Galveston bay system already with dioxins. This is why there are limits on how many ounces of fish you should consume from our bay. There was insane amounts of water flowing over and around that temporary cap they have installed. I'm definitely curious to hear what the inspection reveals.

Comment

That scares me. How far spread do you think this would affect the water system.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            The EPA's response to the AP article: https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa...sleading-story

I don't know who has a worse reputation and is less believable, the AP/media, or the EPA.

Shane- thanks for posting the EPA's rebuttal. It's obviously a concern, and I'd be cautious- many of the 9-11 first responders have health issues from toxic materials.

BTW- with Trump as his boss the head of the EPA fired back with "both barrels".

Comment

Working...
            X