My Buck looks "tiny" ! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Buck looks "tiny" ! :(

Buddy finished up Ethans deer here while back. Now its my turn!

He sent me pics and this thing looks "tiny", lol. Not 160" ???

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210717_130957.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	25254980

Name:	20210717_130940.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	25254981

Said he normally has to trim ear liners but they were too small for this "dumbo". Would have mounted him this wknd but had to order x-large liners from McKinzie.

Name:	20210717_133218.jpg
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	25254982

Hope he looks bigger when done!

Still a nice deer!

Comment

Hes a tank

Comment

Nice Albino

Comment

Needed another year.

Comment

Something just looks off on the eyes... Nice buck though

Comment

I think it has to do with the rack in a leaning back position. The tines appear shorter to me when they're tilted backwards. I've started getting mounts with the chin tilted more downward so the rack stands up more especially when the deer has a rack that naturally leans back anyway and when hanging it high on a wall. Of course it all depends on the deer. Some have horns that tilt more forward on their head naturally and others are more leaned back. I have someone hold the deer head up to the wall and determine what mount I want before I take it to the taxi or have the taxi do it when I'm there. Still a good deer you got there and one to be proud of for sure!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Once he grows some hair he will look quite a bit bigger I’m sure.
                still a nice dear!!!!

Comment

Lost the height of his rack with the tilt back or nose up on the form. Great deer!

Comment

It looks small cuz the deer was so big & needed a huge form for that tent of a cape...put those horns on a skinny hill country hide & see how it looks.

Comment

Looking Good !

Most KS buck mounts look bad to me. The horseheadedness and woolyness don't look near as good as Texas deer.
                      I've never really seen a KS mount that I thought looks "REAL GOOD". Until now.

I may be biased cause its my deer, lol, but I think my buddy knocked this one out of the park.

He's been doing this for a side gig for 30 years. Usually 10-20 deer a year, a few years way more.

I've kinda been dreading the outcome but I'm more than satisfied.

Not a world class, blue ribbon job to most, but looks great to me. Perty slick as opposed to the mammoth look.

Not bad for a $350 mount. Can't wait to pick him up!

Name:	20210722_215026.jpg
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	24657242

Name:	20210722_215001.jpg
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	24657243

Comment

I'd be happy with it!

Comment

It looks tiny because of the way the ears are positioned. if the taxi would have kicked one back ever so slightly he would look as big as he is supposed to. Very nice trophy I'd be happy with him on the wall for sure.

Comment

Derek, I don't think he looks tiny!! I'd have to agree with you that your taxi. knocked it out of the park!! Very few mounts that I see look good to me because of just the way the taxi's position the ears cocked back to help the antlers look good... Never seen a deer stand still just looking around with their ears back, or turned down. Your mount looks about as natural as a mount can look. I'd use that taxidermist in a heartbeat!
                            Now if you want him to look tiny, hang that sucker on the wall beside Ethan's!!

Comment

I think your friend did a great job on your mount. Looks really good to me and I would sure be proud to have him hanging on my wall. Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                              X