Hustler Fasttrak Z Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hustler Fasttrak Z Opinions

Guys, needing a little help in regards to a Hustler fast track Z 2004 Zero turn. 500 hours. I am in the market for a zero turn to mow 4-5 acres which is mainly weeds and uneven ground. Will get some abuse. They are asking $2000, supposedly service is kept up and no issues.. Selling for health issues. I do not know much about zero turns and wondering if that was a fair price. Looks to be well kept up. Also if y’all have any other recommendations I’d like to hear it. Will not be mowing daily ofcourse as this is used for residential.. I will use my existing riding mower for my yard. If there are any other brands or recommendations I’d like to hear that as well.. Bouncing back n forth ideas on commercial vs non commercial mowers. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by baseball4; 07-05-2021, 08:37 PM.

I’ve had a Hustler fastrac for several years. It’s tougher than rhino horn ! I mow my yard with it of course, (got a pretty big yard), but I also mow down at my pond, inside my feed pens, and anywhere else I need to. Eighteen hp Kawasaki on mine and never had a minute’s trouble out of the motor. Ive replaced one bearing on the deck, put plugs in it, and that’s about it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply drycreek. My hold up is the age. Wondering what it is actually worth if it is in good shape. Hate to spend $2k when I might can upgrade for a newer zero turn that will get the job done for another grand or so. Torn on what to do.

Comment

Seems high to me. I paid 2900 for my raptor sd 4 or 5 years ago

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Quacker. How is that Raptor holding up and is it mainly used for your yard? Long hours or no? I’ve been eye balling those but didn’t know if the deck would hold up being a stamped deck vs what I’m using it for.

Comment

Paid $4200 new out the door in 2019 for a hustler rapter sd 54 inch welded deck. Kawasaki 23hp. So far so good. Just blades. And I mow about 3 acres of rough ground.

Comment

Nice. Sounds like that raptor is a pretty solid machine.

Comment

I’ve got a raptor with the Kawasaki fr691v engine. Oil consumption on it is high with a 10w-30 grade. I’ve done a lot of research & somewhere I read where the Kawasaki v-twin engine can be bad about this. I didn’t get any specifics on which years this occurred or is common. I also read where synthetic 5-30 is best for broader temperature coverage & less oil consumption. Also, the air cooled engine can get debris in the engine fins & cause it to run hotter

On a side note. I’m about to sell my Ford 1220 17Hp diesel with a mid mount 60” mower. It has about 985 hours on it & has worked great & still does. Has rear pto & 3-point hitch

Comment

Originally posted by baseball4 View Post
                  Guys, needing a little help in regards to a Hustler fast track Z 2004 Zero turn. 500 hours. I am in the market for a zero turn to mow 4-5 acres which is mainly weeds and uneven ground. Will get some abuse. They are asking $2000, supposedly service is kept up and no issues.. Selling for health issues. I do not know much about zero turns and wondering if that was a fair price. Looks to be well kept up. Also if y’all have any other recommendations I’d like to hear it. Will not be mowing daily ofcourse as this is used for residential.. I will use my existing riding mower for my yard. If there are any other brands or recommendations I’d like to hear that as well.. Bouncing back n forth ideas on commercial vs non commercial mowers. Thanks for the help!
                  You wont be let down ive had one for going on 20 years. If it quit tomorrow i would buy another just like it.

Comment

Originally posted by baseball4 View Post
                    Thanks Quacker. How is that Raptor holding up and is it mainly used for your yard? Long hours or no? I’ve been eye balling those but didn’t know if the deck would hold up being a stamped deck vs what I’m using it for.
                    It's a welded deck.

Basic maintenance is all I've done. Roughly 140 hours on it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

one thing i've noticed is that the uneven ground is much more noticeable (and a bit uncomfortable) on my zero turn at the ranch house. the front tires are smaller than a traditional mower with basically no suspension for absorbing the shock. my yard has had previous damage issues with hogs, armadillos, and occasional escaped cow. just a thought.

Comment

Blbb be huh and the one but

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                          Blbb be huh and the one but

Ó

Comment

This is the third summer on this Hustler Raptor SD. It has 90 hours on it. I have changed the oil once and sharpened the blades once. I am going to change the hydrostatic oil and filters at 125 hours. I mowed several acres with it today.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.. Def looking more into the raptor Sd. Everyone I call is trying to sell me on entry level commercial mower due to being 5 acres.

Comment

Working...
                              X