No announcement yet.

Neighbor built a rifle range on the fence line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would still like to know how far away your cabin is from that target and how much brush is in the way. Also curious how close the cabin is to the fence line.

Comment

This, can not give an opinion without knowing more details on where cabin is?

Looks like fella is shooting on his property?

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Would still like to know how far away your cabin is from that target and how much brush is in the way. Also curious how close the cabin is to the fence line.

Comment

No matter the circumstances you can put up something to “catch “ any rounds that go through the fence. He can then be filed on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate bad neighbors. You are not going to get people like that to change anything as they dont think they have done anything wrong.

I would be installing a very high berm on my side of the fence 50 yards in front of and behind each target in hopes of avoiding any sideways deflection when the round hopefully hits the metal target. Rather be pro-active than do nothing.

I would also be separately fencing off any mutual cattle guards or fences - if any exist. I would be dang if he would have any future access to come on to my property.
          Last edited by wellingtontx; 06-15-2021, 08:42 AM.

Comment

It’s the old “ it’s my land and I’ll do what I want” mentality and there is a whole lot of that going on nowadays unfortunately. Again, I would exhaust every legal avenue I could and Then build berms on your side. If you build the berms first it’s just telling them that it’s OK and at your cost. You sound like you make good choices so stay with that :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              [emoji23]

yeah I don’t think the Intimidator read the whole original post through before his normal telling of folks how wrong they are.
              Yeah Smart…..I read it all. What do you think I missed? The guy has done nothing wrong. Just because the OP doesn’t like it, doesn’t give him a greater right over the other guy’s property and what he can/can’t do on it. Leave the guy alone. Mind your own business. Don’t be trying to police others when it inconveniences you in some way. It doesn’t matter what the landowner does, it sounds like the OP is going to cry no matter what. If he were to build a drive in theater, he’d cry about that. If he had put in a short range pistol only range, he’d cry about that too. If he decided to put light plants every 50ft on the fence, he’d cry…… what it comes down to is the OP wouldn’t like anything if he feels it’s inconvenienced him in anyway.

Where is the cabin from that last target at 1K? Show us on google maps. How many trees/brush are in between that target and his cabin? What is the elevation change from the target to the cabin (exact locations)?

I have a 1000yd range at home. A few years back, someone leasing some property behind me decided to put a homemade deer blind literally 75yds across the fence behind/slightly right of my 1000yd plate rack. This blind has full size glass home windows in it on 3 sides. That blind has been sitting there for 4-5 years now. I shoot almost weekly. Guess what…….it still has all the windows in it and no bullet holes.

So Smart…..why don’t you tell me how I am wrong, ok pumpkin?

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                No matter the circumstances you can put up something to “catch “ any rounds that go through the fence. He can then be filed on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Unenforceable! First, you have to prove that you didn't put the holes in before setting it up and then You have to prove who actually shot the holes. A decent defense lawyer would eat this case up.

Comment

OP- I am somewhat involved with a similar situation currently. A shooting rage was aimed generally in the direction of some houses that were being built. The homeowners "found" some 223 bullets in their yards. They sent a decease and desist letter to the owner and threatened legal action if any more bullets were found at any point in the future. The range was immediately shut down. No one wants to deal with a lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                    check out thus rich guy here lmao
                    Okay, I didn't intend to have the OP shoot near the neighbor while the neighbor was sitting at his shooting table. But, shoot on the OPs land and that will really freak the guy out when he realizes that the OP is a really bad shot and where the beck are all those bullets going? Lol.

Comment

Trevor the guy is fine unless bullets leave his property then it is a real problem that law enforcement will be involved in. Until then nothing to do but watch and see .

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                        Yeah Smart…..I read it all. What do you think I missed? The guy has done nothing wrong. Just because the OP doesn’t like it, doesn’t give him a greater right over the other guy’s property and what he can/can’t do on it. Leave the guy alone. Mind your own business. Don’t be trying to police others when it inconveniences you in some way. It doesn’t matter what the landowner does, it sounds like the OP is going to cry no matter what. If he were to build a drive in theater, he’d cry about that. If he had put in a short range pistol only range, he’d cry about that too. If he decided to put light plants every 50ft on the fence, he’d cry…… what it comes down to is the OP wouldn’t like anything if he feels it’s inconvenienced him in anyway.

Where is the cabin from that last target at 1K? Show us on google maps. How many trees/brush are in between that target and his cabin? What is the elevation change from the target to the cabin (exact locations)?

I have a 1000yd range at home. A few years back, someone leasing some property behind me decided to put a homemade deer blind literally 75yds across the fence behind/slightly right of my 1000yd plate rack. This blind has full size glass home windows in it on 3 sides. That blind has been sitting there for 4-5 years now. I shoot almost weekly. Guess what…….it still has all the windows in it and no bullet holes.

So Smart…..why don’t you tell me how I am wrong, ok pumpkin?
                        Bingo. We only get one side of this story. For all we know, the OP could be the pain in the *** neighbor. Nobody knows.

Comment

I had a feeling this thread wouldn't disappoint...

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
                            Put one facing the opposite direction.
                            With tannerite!

Comment

There would be a target inline with his bench for sure best idea yet he was a douch bag he get treated like one but that’s just me!!

Comment

I have a similar thing at my place. The best thing is try to ignore them. Because they are not breaking any laws. And all your going to do is to provoke them to shoot more. Ask me how I know

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X