No announcement yet.

Bow blind from 8' spool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome, but as stated I bet it'll be nice and hot in the summer.

Comment

I have a quad pod too

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

It may do better than you think with that reflective tin..

Not gonna be 68 but won't absorb as much as a dark painted blind would

Comment

Great looking build.

I picked up a poly tank last year and haven't been able to get down to the land to build it but I've got the idea that I want to put radiant barrier on the walls to keep the heat out. Either the same kind as you'd put in your attic at home or this rubber underlayment:

Eliminate the hollow sound under your new wood floor with our Silent Silver underlay. STC rating of 73 db and IIC rating of 72 db. Radiant heat approved.

I'm thinking I'll just get a gallon of adhesive and glue it straight down to the interior walls. Best thing about the rubber underlayment is that it's also a sound barrier.

Just my 2 cents..
          Last edited by offthemap; 07-26-2016, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Glad you moved it here, it is way easier to find!!!!

Comment

This is the insulation that I am using.It also has a reflective backing as well.

Here is one of the exterminator 2 feeder lights that I got from sniper hog lights. There is not a better light made.

I have taken the lights out of the box and relocated them on the exterior wall under the Windows (Deerview Windows of corse)

Drilled a 1/4" hole under center of Windows for mounting the lights.

Got the light mounted and drilled a half inch hole for the cord grip.

Here they are installed.

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Here is a backside view

Windows outlined with string.

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

I was drawn to thread because of the name. 8 ft spool deer blind?? I have to hand it to you, that is ingenuity at its best. I'm new to TBH so I enjoy all of the different blind ideas. I'm building one myself. Just not as unique as this one. Can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

So you are hoping to light up your feeder with the lights for hunting hogs? When I first read you were putting lights in I was thinking interior. Never thought about trying to hunt at night out of it. Good thought though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .17fireball View Post
                      I was drawn to thread because of the name. 8 ft spool deer blind?? I have to hand it to you, that is ingenuity at its best. I'm new to TBH so I enjoy all of the different blind ideas. I'm building one myself. Just not as unique as this one. Can't wait to see it finished!

There are tons of great ideas on here. Also tons of opinions so if you can take the good with the bad this can be a great place to learn. Welcome to the fire.

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                        So you are hoping to light up your feeder with the lights for hunting hogs? When I first read you were putting lights in I was thinking interior. Never thought about trying to hunt at night out of it. Good thought though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hogs and predators at night ! Yeah buddy!!!

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post
                          There are tons of great ideas on here. Also tons of opinions so if you can take the good with the bad this can be a great place to learn. Welcome to the fire.

Final Pursuit TV
                          I agree, I have taken note of a lot of them!!!

Comment

Dad sent me pics

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Keep it away from the fence line. Don't need that spaceship spooking our deer off! Lol...pretty dang sweet man. Just 66 more days.

Comment

Heck of a build. Talent!!

Comment

Working...
                                X