Respect and just take time to help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect and just take time to help!!

This word can apply to your parents, the flag, your country, anyone in need of help.

My wife and I were at Wally World today, I stayed in our truck and listened to the radio while she was shopping.

Saw a elderly gentleman with "Retired USMC Cap" walk down the parking lot behind our truck a few minutes after Susan went inside. After a while I noticed him stop at the back of our truck, looking around at the parking lot, confused and leaning on our truck bed, finally hitting the "alarm button" on his truck remote to find where he had parked. I heard the "alarm" sound but God Bless him, still confused.

So I got out of our truck and told him I had seen him walk up behind us towards the store, said his vehicle had to be close. Got him to his SUV and off he went.

With all the BS in our world today, it take's NO effort to just pause and help someone no matter what their age, race....For all I know this Veteran survived God knows what in time of war....so Join me and help those in need and to HELL with those who don't care!

Just think. If we all did something nice and selfless once a day for someone else. The world would be a much better place. I fully agree with you!

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
      Just think. If we all did something nice and selfless once a day for someone else. The world would be a much better place. I fully agree with you!
      Imagine if we did this daily and never told a soul.

Comment

Something similar happened to me this morning at Walmart also. I had put my groceries in my truck and noticed an elderly lady struggling to put her groceries in her trunk,(it was also raining and she was trying to hold her umbrella over her head) I walked over and ask her if I could help her. I almost cried, she said, “please if you would, I would be so grateful”. I unloaded her basket and made sure she got in her car safely and we both went on our way.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          Yes! This

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
            Amen

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Outstanding Kuma and ladybluearm! We definitely need more of this than bickering about masks, vaccinations, left and right. Thank you for posting these "humane" actions!

Comment

I witness it all the time at Home Depot....Folks helping folks. I help folks that look like they need it and I have folks help me when I'm loading lumber for the honeydoos. Heck I even had an elderly man help me with several sheets of plywood loading the other day when I told him he didn't have to do it. He insisted because folks have helped him. No horn tootin' required...

Comment

This used to be expected when dealing with others

Comment

It still is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought an elderly couple lunch at the Jay in Needville last weekend the man had a Nam Veteran , I was happy to pay for his service.

Comment

Good deed

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          It still is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Spot.On.

Comment

I was at Walmart today too. Some poor lady was shopping all by herself. She was struggling to reach an item on the top shelf. I told her I would get it for her. She thanked me and said her good for nothing husband was out in the truck listening to the radio instead of helping her. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              It still is.
                              Amen! I haven't lowered my standards for myself of my expectations of those around me. Being kind takes just a minute.

Comment

Working...
                              X